The Next version of ISO 9001 (2008 version) - Any news?

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Did anyone take part in the feedback?

I had a look at the design brief - not convinced anything will come of it - it seems to be a fiddler's charter.

A lot of the brief comes from the User Feedback survey that has been running - has anyone taken part or is it just the usual vocal minority involved on this important standard?

V

vanputten

Fiddler's Chart?

Hello Paul:

What is a "fiddler's charter?"

Thank you, Dirk

Paul Simpson

Should have explained

Thanks, Dirk. I should have explained myself better. I believe it is a "fiddler's charter" because the design brief speaks about no significant changes but plenty of examples of wishing to "align with iso 14001.2004" and ensuring definitions are correct - sounds like hours of work for the committee with precious little change to the standard.

A fiddler's charter is a licence to play around with, in this case, the standard.

C

celso klitzke

thanks

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Let's see if the usual folks will mess around again ...:tg:

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Can we make bets about the number of necessary written procedures will the new version of the standard will ask?
As we went from 18 in 1987, to 6 in 1994, my bet is zero...:rolleyes:

V

vanputten

Six

I am going to put all of my money on 6. I am going to bet that the next version of ISO 9001 will require 6 documented procedures since the Design Speciification for ISO 9001:2000 is for an Amendment where the impact is to be limited and no requirements should change.

From the Design Specification:

The following requirements shall apply to the amendment process:

· The model and process approach shall be maintained as defined in ISO 9001:2000 (see Sections 6.0 Model and 7.0 Structure).
· The amended standard shall remain generic and be applicable to all sizes and types of organization operating in any sector.
· The compatibility with ISO 14001:2004 shall be maintained and be enhanced, if possible.
· The consistency between ISO 9001 and ISO 9004 shall be maintained (see Section 5.0).
· The changes shall be restricted so that the impact of the amendment on the users is limited, and also that changes will only be introduced where there are clear benefits to users.
· The ISO 9001:2000 support package should be used to assist the writers in identifying issues for clarification.
· Drafts of the amended standard shall be subjected to verification against the design specification, and to validation by users

Regards,

Dirk

Caster

An Early Cover
You say you want a Revolution?

Paul Simpson said:
I had a look at the design brief - not convinced anything will come of it - it seems to be a fiddler's charter.
Paul Simpson said:
A lot of the brief comes from the User Feedback survey that has been running - has anyone taken part or is it just the usual vocal minority involved on this important standard?

Hey Covers....we sure complain a lot about ISO!

So, let's just take over! He who shows up wins.

Anyone want to get it on? I probably have about a 30% chance of getting my company to sponsor me...but 3 to 5 Covers showing up to the ISO meetings could change everything.

My ISO 9000 doesn't have the word Quality in it...

Top Bottom