ISO 9001 Virtual Audits - Ways to audit remote locations such as design centers

V

vanputten

Hello Cove Members:

I received the attached document in the mail. I thought it could form the basis for a discussion on virtual audits. Internal virtual audits was a recent discussion at my employer. We have 11 remote design centers for our TS 16949 certification. We are trying to think of ways to audit the remote design centers without traveling aroung the United States every year. One idea was to have a person at the remote design center carry a video camera and go wherever they are directed.

Sincerely,

Dirk

Attachments

• American Global Standards.pdf
    575.7 KB · Views: 396

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: ISO 9001 Virtual Audits

Dirk, I've never heard of it being done that way (camera). This could be an interesting conversation.

D

dianel

I just received the same letter. They are asking for only audit results, management reviews, and $500.00. I think the letter also says an onsite visit once every 3 years for a "sample" is required. This would be quite a money savor. Does anyone know anything about AGS? Has anyone reading this post worked with them? I am not looking to "buy" a certification. I am trying to save the company money while still complying. Thoughts please.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I just received the same letter. They are asking for only audit results, management reviews, and $500.00. I think the letter also says an onsite visit once every 3 years for a "sample" is required. This would be quite a money savor. Does anyone know anything about AGS? Has anyone reading this post worked with them? I am not looking to "buy" a certification. I am trying to save the company money while still complying. Thoughts please.

Oh c'mon... You can't be serious? "trying to save the company money while still complying." Complying with what? You would be essentially self-certifying yourself, because AGS doesn't do anything. In fact, if you want to do that, save their $500 fee and just self-certify. You would be better off because at least you would not be affiliated with AGS. Many good customers are going to see AGS as poison.

AGS did the industry a favor by posting their client list. If any of those "certified" companies are suppliers to your organization, you ought to consider whether they need to be removed from your approved supplier list. The way to save money in certification is to get a lot of value from it, and let the value pay for it.

D

dianel

I agree with what you are saying regarding self certification and maybe that is the way we need to look. We do take our processes and procedures seriously and my auditors can run circles around any RAB auditor I have ever had...and they should...they know where the bodies are buried, or are attempted to be buried. I'm sick of getting NCRs for not dotting an I or crossing a T.
You do make a good point though of what the perception might be by going with this company-- do you think its the same perception if a company self certifies?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I agree with what you are saying regarding self certification and maybe that is the way we need to look. We do take our processes and procedures seriously and my auditors can run circles around any RAB auditor I have ever had...and they should...they know where the bodies are burried. I'm sick of getting NCRs for not dotting and eye or crossing a T.
You do make a good point though of what the perception might be by going with this company-- do you think its the same perception if a company self certifies?

I think you would have to ask your customers. I know many customers will not work with suppliers who are not formally certified by a proper registrar, but not all customers.

If the auditors who come to your plant are not giving you value worth at least as much as your invoice, then you need to select better auditors. It is a supply relationship, just like any other. My clients take pages of notes from our interviews, in addition to the formal findings I give them in the report.

Top Bottom