Purchase Order (PO) Quality Clauses - AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Information

J

JHagani

Hi,
Going through AS9100 qualification.

Can anyone help me with 7.4.2 Purchasing Information.
Any sample of an acceptable PO Quality Clauses that would satisfy this requirement?

Thanks for your assistance.

J

Jeff Frost

Clause 7.4.2 of AS9100 contains a very good list of quality requirements that should go on your requirements flysheet for your PO’s. In addition your customers will drive additional requirements such as use of NADCAP suppliers etc.

Additionally you should add a requirement that when your suppliers quality management systems changes (I.e. obtains ISO 9001 or AS9100 or loss there in) that your organization must be notified and your requirements for first article inspection.

J

JHagani

jeff,

Thanks,
I am being told our Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....

This specific Po calls for a process per a prime contractor specification.
The Specification in detail calls for all required procedures, tests, inspection requirements, even personnel qualifications.

So by including this Spec in my PO, I believe I have included all information required by my supplier to complete the process.

Why do I need to add any other info?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
JHagani said:
I am being told our Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....Why do I need to add any other info?
You have to ask the question to whomever is telling you that your POs do not satisfy the requirements.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Sidney Vianna said:
You have to ask the question to whomever is telling you that your POs do not satisfy the requirements.
Hi, JHagani:bigwave:

Who is telling you? An external auditor? If so,
JHagani said:
...Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....
are those the exact words on the finding?

K

kiwisfly

Hi Cari
I have seen the purchasing information requirement met in another way, not just the purchase order clause method. There are a number of common clauses you can include on your company standard terms and conditions, things like supplier notification of non-conforming products, right of access by customer etc, control of records retained by supplier (4.2.4), requirements to flow down applicable requirements and others..... That way every purchase order doesn't have to include all these statements, you can just include a statement invoking the ST&C's that you give the supplier the first time you use them. (Perhaps part of the supplier approval process??) Clauses then only need to include the specific technical data and requirements related to the part or assembly.

It might help to save a few trees ???

Cheers

Chris

J

Jeff Frost

Chris,

I would be very careful about adding quality requirements in the purchase order terms and conditions because of contract law. In many cases the suppliers terms of sale when accepted by the customer will override customers PO T&C’s making them unenforceable.

I recommend that you check with a lawyer who in competent in national contract law before placing quality requirements in the T&Cs.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clara

Hi, JHagani:bigwave:

Who is telling you? An external auditor? If so,
are those the exact words on the finding?

Dear all,
We are in an certification audit against AS9100.
With the NC raised by the Lead Auditor :
"Purchasing information such as supplier notification of nonconformances and arrangement for disposition, right of access to premises and records, etc. which are required in the purchasing clause point g) to j) are not included in any purchasing document"

Can anyone can give me any sample of an acceptable PO Quality Clauses that would satisfy this requirement?
Thanks in advance.
Clara

K

kiwisfly

Hi Clara
Can I suggest you go to the Boeing.com site and look at the supplier portal? In there you will find a number of different quality system requirements and special requirements depending on the product you are selling and aerospace division you are selling to. There are several references to typical statements and clauses that will satisfy the non-conformity, right of access, flow down provisions etc.. you seek. Please refer to my thread above, I believe most of the standard general information should be in your standard terms and conditions, the same method used by Boeing and most other OEM's.

Good luck with the audit.

Cheers

Chris

C

clara

Hi Clara
Can I suggest you go to the Boeing.com site and look at the supplier portal? In there you will find a number of different quality system requirements and special requirements depending on the product you are selling and aerospace division you are selling to. There are several references to typical statements and clauses that will satisfy the non-conformity, right of access, flow down provisions etc.. you seek. Please refer to my thread above, I believe most of the standard general information should be in your standard terms and conditions, the same method used by Boeing and most other OEM's.

Good luck with the audit.

Cheers

Chris
Hi kiwisfly,
Thanks very much for advices.
I have visited the Boeing.com site and learned interesting ideas to my work.By he way, the 7.4.2 j., is it understood that where required, our suppliers have to show the purchasing documents placed to their sub-tie suppliers and how they control their supplier quality ?
Thanks and best regards,
Clara

Top Bottom