Failure Analysis Report Template

C

carmelwish

Hi,
I'm working at a startup and we don't have any FA report template that would go to customer explaining why product failed. Does anyone have a sample template or what should be included? Thanks.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi,
I'm working at a startup and we don't have any FA report template that would go to customer explaining why product failed. Does anyone have a sample template or what should be included? Thanks.

I think that use of a template or form in such an application probably isn't a good idea, as it indicates that failure is a regular occurrence. In general, a straightforward report or letter stating the problem, how it was (or is to be) corrected, and what's been done to prevent recurrence is all that's necessary.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
product is a chip.

flipchip_and_silicon.jpg
chocolate_chips.jpg

potatoe_chips.jpg
poker_chips.jpg

wood_chips.jpg
chipmonk.jpg

R

ralphsulser

Hi,

Maybe a FMEA is what you are looking for to anticipate failures, classify, and prevent same. Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. There are many templates for those here. Look at the green Post Attachments, and free files above

C

carmelwish

See how I am - in the Silicon Valley the chip we talk about is first a semiconductor, then a potato. I'm talking silicon, semiconductor chip.

F

Fatboy

I agree that having a template is not very optimistic and implies that you will have rejects. However, a template does provide consistency when a failure analysis must be performed. It also serves as a checklist for those performing the evaulation. Here's one that we use.

Attachments

• Failure_Analysis_Template.doc
    52 KB · Views: 1,975

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
However, a template does provide consistency when a failure analysis must be performed. It also serves as a checklist for those performing the evaulation. Here's one that we use.
Thanks for sharing an example!

For people visiting here, many times they want to see an example of a form or document to get an idea of how to set one up/write one. I know in my life I have many times learned a lot, and got ideas from, seeing forms and documents (like procedures) that others have done. While the template or document someone posts as an example may not be specific to a company, it can jog the thought process.

Top Bottom