Preventing Audit Finding by your third Party Registar

QualityNewBee

Registered
IF some one wanted to prevent an audit finding from his Contracted Registar, Could they throught the source of an audit create an internal audit finding while the audit was still taking place? I know once if there is an audit finding already found during normal internal audits the registar will not also write an additional finding.

Big Jim

Admin
IF some one wanted to prevent an audit finding from his Contracted Registar, Could they throught the source of an audit create an internal audit finding while the audit was still taking place? I know once if there is an audit finding already found during normal internal audits the registar will not also write an additional finding.

You are mistaken. Auditors certainly can write nonconformances for topics you are already addressing as an internal audit finding or even as an unresolved corrective action.

I don't know of any auditor that would permit you to dodge a nonconformace during an audit by you writing it first.

P

Popeos

Hi QualityNewbee

Beside what Big Jim has said (there is a looong threaad about this in the audit/registrar forum), there is a chance that the auditor would discover you cheating.

and in my case it would lead to being more severe (make it a major NC).

By the way, getting fresh eyes remark is the purpose of third party audits. :notme:

Regards

Popeos

Last edited by a moderator:
IF some one wanted to prevent an audit finding from his Contracted Registar, Could they throught the source of an audit create an internal audit finding while the audit was still taking place?
As Big Jim & Popeos already explained, that would be a poor idea for several reasons. Among them:
  • It is highly likely that the ruse will be detected. When that happens the trust between you will be ruined, and the registrar will start looking for what else you may be hiding.
  • Why prevent it in the first place? Take the "hit" and exploit the improvement potential instead.
I know once if there is an audit finding already found during normal internal audits the registar will not also write an additional finding.
If the registrar concludes that you have good control of your internal audits, have already found the issue in question and are in the process of dealing with it... Yes, that will certainly create a positive impression. It is, after all, not forbidden to make mistakes or have problems, as long as you deal with them in a proper way.

Note: I have once seen an internal audit detect the same thing as the registrar on the very same day, but that was perfectly legitimate: We had an internal audit (sceduled) while the registrar was also roaming the grounds, and both teams reported the same finding. The registrars were mildly surprised by the fact that we were running an IA while they were there, but had no objections.

/Claes

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Add to the fact that the Internal audit done earlier is still at a finding stage with no root cause analysis and probable corrective action ( the reason why the third party registar found it ) and so you have a finding detected by the third party who will say that your Internal audit process is not effective either for not taking a timely corrective action to resolve a detected non conformity, and give you a second finding ....
Double trouble >>> :notme:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

If it happens this, the issue could be a higher risk, because the organization did not evaluate the effectiness of the corrective actions:bigwave:

Top Bottom