Double-sided (USL, LSL) Variables sampling plan Z1.9 - Use in Excel spreadsheet?

T

tdickson

I would like to implement a double-sided (USL, LSL) sampling plan where variation is unknown (also willing to use a plan where variation is known, either way). (n=15, Code G...) I would like to use Excel to calculate the estimate of lot percent over LSL and under LSL so that we don't have to use a lookup table or statistics software. Can anybody show me how this can be done? Thanks!

B

brahmaiah

Re: Variable sampling plan Z1.9 - Use in Excel spreadsheet?

I would like to implement a double-sided (USL, LSL) sampling plan where variation is unknown (also willing to use a plan where variation is known, either way). (n=15, Code G...) I would like to use Excel to calculate the estimate of lot percent over LSL and under LSL so that we don't have to use a lookup table or statistics software. Can anybody show me how this can be done? Thanks!
My advice is donot do any short cut with sampling tables. It may not be acceptable by auditors unless the short cut method is approved in procedures.
v.j.brahmaiah:agree:

T

tdickson

Re: Variable sampling plan Z1.9 - Use in Excel spreadsheet?

We will be sure to implement this in an auditor-friendly way if we do at all. The choice of sample size n is per the standard, etc. It would be convenient to be able to have our spreadsheet spit out the Lot percent defective above USL and below LSL. We would certainly validate correct operation before implementation.

Top Bottom