Need help with Japanese Specification - Wire callout of "SWIC-F-SW-C"

S

silentrunning

I have a print with a wire callout of "SWIC-F-SW-C" It is a Japanese company but I can't find out what the material is. Does anyone know the UNS or ASTM equivalent to this specification?

Doug

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I have a print with a wire callout of "SWIC-F-SW-C" It is a Japanese company but I can't find out what the material is. Does anyone know the UNS or ASTM equivalent to this specification?

Doug

Can someone help Doug?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

Doug

Check here: http://www.micforg.co.jp/dxf/S001ZB1C-A.pdf

According to this drawing it is a Nickle Pre-coated wire. So, I would guess the ASTE/ASTM would have an equivalent standard.

Maybe this helped you or not.

S

silentrunning

Coury, the problem is that you can get Nickel plated Stainless Steel T-302 wire, Nickel plated Music Wire, Nickel plated Hard Drawn Wire along with Beryllium Copper and Phos Bronze. The RFQ calls for material certification and none of the American suppliers seem to know what it is.

Doug

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Coury, the problem is that you can get Nickel plated Stainless Steel T-302 wire, Nickel plated Music Wire, Nickel plated Hard Drawn Wire along with Beryllium Copper and Phos Bronze. The RFQ calls for material certification and none of the American suppliers seem to know what it is.

Doug

Then I would go back to the potential customer, since you are in the RFQ stage, and ask which wire are they specifically asking for. If they don't have an answer, then suggest to them which material fits their need and quote it accordingly.

Top Bottom