The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 17025 - General Metrology, Measurement Device, Calibration and Test Laboratories > ISO 17025 and related Metrology Topics - Measurement Devices, Calibration and Test Laboratories
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 11th April 2001, 06:58 AM
Tavares
Unregistered Guest

Hehehe... Calibration Room Environmental Condition Requirements

Hello All

I want to known if is possibel what kind of environmental conditions must have a calibration room.

Thanks

Tavares

Sponsored Links
Old 11th April 2001, 08:58 AM
Al Dyer
Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb

It depends on what you are calibrating. For simple items I would start with temp. and humidity.

I'm sure other will have some other types.

ASD...
Sponsored Links

Old 11th April 2001, 12:08 PM
Tavares
Unregistered Guest

Hehehe...

The calibration room is to calibrate electrical equipment
Old 11th April 2001, 02:44 PM
Al Dyer
Unregistered Guest

I Say...

I sure can't help here, I have trouble screwing in a light bulb!

ASD...
Old 11th April 2001, 03:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Dec 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 11
Karma Power: 120
Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jerry Eldred is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
BIG Smile

You need to review the specifications of the items you calibrate, and assure your calibration laboratory (room) area is environmentally controlled to the spec for the unit(s) with the tightest environmental requirement. If you are doing relatively low accuracy electrical calibrations, the requirements may not be that tight. Some examples of tighter specs I have seen are as narrow as 23 Deg C +/- 1 Deg C with no greater than 1 Deg change per hour and %RH 45% RH +/- 5% RH. That is for a higher accuracy environment. I have also seen as loose as 23 Deg C +/-5 Deg C and %RH Greater than 30 %RH and less than 60 %RH. For low accuracy electrical calibrations, your environmental requirements are likely to be closer to the second set of requirements. But you MUST review the specs of the units you actually use. Whatever the manufacturer specifies for those units is the limits you must maintain. There may be units where the manufacturer does not specify environmental limits. Electrical power plant switchboard meters, for example are designed for a very wide range of environmental conditions. The calibrator you use, however, may have much tighter limits. Review all of the items, and spec to meet the tightest one.
Old 11th April 2001, 05:28 PM
DICKIE
Unregistered Guest

You might get some help by looking at NCSL recommended practice 14 "Guide to selecting Laboratory environments"
Old 6th March 2008, 08:22 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Feb 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 43
Karma Power: 30
blueicecube has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Calibration room environmental condition requirements

Am afraid I can't get a copy of NCSL guide. Is there any other standard reference that can help me to guide me to find a reference for environmental condition for electrical lab?

It seems the auditor may need a reference for my selected temperature control.
Old 6th March 2008, 08:32 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,184
Thanked 4,508 Times in 3,193 Posts
Karma Power: 1541
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Calibration room environmental condition requirements

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by blueicecube View Post

Am afraid I can't get a copy of NCSL guide. Is there any other standard reference that can help me to guide me to find a reference for environmental condition for electrical lab?

It seems the auditor may need a reference for my selected temperature control.
Hello blueicecube,

This is by no means an all-inclusive resource, but look here, and scroll through this book. Something is better than nothing.

Stijloor.
Thanks to Stijloor for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 17025 - General Metrology, Measurement Device, Calibration and Test Laboratories > ISO 17025 and related Metrology Topics - Measurement Devices, Calibration and Test Laboratories

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?