Gage R&R - Sensor Tester with Multiple Operators and Multiple Sensor Test Channels

J

jckca

We have a piece of test equipment that tests up to 8 parts at a time using different test channels (we're testing a sensor) for product acceptance. There is a possibility one or more of the channels aren't equivalent due to temperature variation or something like that. I think I'd like to do a P / T Gage R&R on the equipment, but am not sure how to set it up appropriately- I'm also not completely sure a gage R&R is the right tool.

There should be no operator variability since the part is hooked up and then software zeroes the sensors before testing. My first thought was to do 3 trials with 2 parts in each of the 8 channels. Putting the parts as the operators. Tol = 10, -5 to 5 acceptable range. Another factor is that the tests take a long time. A practice run using half the channels gave us the following:

Operator A - B -
Sample # 1st Trial 2nd Trial 3rd Trial Range 1st Trial 2nd Trial 3rd Trial Range
1 0.7 0.2 0.6 0.5 0.8 0.6 0.7 0.2
2 0.3 -0.1 0.2 0.4 0.7 0.3 0.2 0.5
3 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.1 0.3 0 0.1 0.3
4 0.2 0.7 0 0.7 0.4 0.3 0.4 0.1

Does this approach sound reasonable?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Re: Gage R&R - Sensor Tester with Multiple Operators and Multiple Sensor Test Channel

This is a reasonable approach. Reproducibility now becomes channel to channel variation instead of operator to operator.

G

George Weiss

Re: Gage R&R - Sensor Tester with Multiple Operators and Multiple Sensor Test Channel

:topic:Just of in left field a question:
Is the equipment being used and being tested, calibrated?
What are the specifications?
It sounds like your testing a re-flow oven in temperature zones.
Sorry about the side bar comments.................

J

jckca

Thanks for your help. The equipment is calibrated and the software validated. Its not a re-flow oven, we're testing the final electrical output of the sensor in its completed form. The sensor and the hardware used with it (the test equipment in this case) are temperature sensitive.

J

jckca

We've performed the Gage RR and it didn't go as well as expected, I've attached the results.

I had a couple questions, if AV turns out negative, the spreadsheets make it 0, what is the basis for this?

The GRR % I calculated was ~40%, the second sensor tested had a greater variation than the first, but beyond that I don't know what conclusions to draw, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• GRR.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 143
D

debyang

When R UCL is calculated the results indicate ChF R is out off control, the gage’s calibration might not be proper.
A short term stability study by each chamber for this equipment is in need to verify the calibration status before you go into GR&R study. There should be 8 control charts for stability study. If multiple tests are cumbersome, use the X-MR charts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom