Internet Explorer 8 - Annoying Reminder

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Friends,

Does anybody know how to get rid of the annoying reminder (little yellow shield + message) that asks to install Windows Explorer 8?

Should I keep version 7 or cave in and install version 8?

Thanks.

Stijloor.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Re: Windows Explorer 8 - Annoying Reminder

Friends,

Does anybody know how to get rid of the annoying reminder (little yellow shield + message) that asks to install Windows Explorer 8?

Thanks.

Stijloor.

Go to Firefox. :tg: I wouldn't update yet, Stijloor. Just peruse the following forum, and you will not see any glowing statements about IE8. No major security updates that I am aware of in IE8.

https://forums.techguy.org/17-web-email/

If you wish, turn off automatic updates, and it won't pester you. Just put a reminder in outlook, go to updates, and update manually on a periodic basis.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Friends,

Thanks.

Stijloor.
Why fight? Try Firefox.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Why fight? Try Firefox.

I may be mistaken, but I've been told that certain features do not work well in Firefox. I am clueless what that would be; there's so much stuff out there...I can't just keep up with it anymore...:confused::confused:

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

I may be mistaken, but I've been told that certain features do not work well in Firefox. I am clueless what that would be; there's so much stuff out there...I can't just keep up with it anymore...:confused::confused:

Stijloor.

Firefox is fine. You can still use IE if necessary. By the way, Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are two different things.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Firefox is fine. You can still use IE if necessary. By the way, Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are two different things.

See? That explains my ignorance...:bonk::bonk:

Stijloor.

Big Jim

Admin

I'm another Firefox fan. I use it as much as possible. Occasionally I find a site that runs better on Internet Explorer, so I keep it current and use it when I must. Generally speaking, Firefox is far more trouble free.

J

JaneB

Stijloor

My rule of thumb is never believe that Microblot when it attempts to 'help you' as it always has its own agenda, and your welfare isn't top of its list!

That said, I did actually install IE8. Don't like it heaps (preferred IE7) but relatively minor & not enough to rollback.

J

JaneB

Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are two different things.

Yup. Windows explorer is the little program that purports to show you the files on your computer, whereas Internet Explorer is used for the internet.

I got rid of Windows Explorer as it is/was so badly designed - I got very very tired of it obstinately telling me I didn't have files on my computer that I knew perfectly well I DID have, but it just couldn't/wouldn't find them. Now I use a brilliant little program called Opus instead which is much nicer and smarter and does a whole heap of useful things as well.

I may be mistaken, but I've been told that certain features do not work well in Firefox. I am clueless what that would be
So am I, and I have been using FF for a long time. There are many things that work better though (particularly when you load it with add-ons acc. to your taste). It can take a while to decide which add-ons you want/need, that's all. Some of them are quite essential, and there is a thread or two with suggestions here in the Cove.
Generally speaking, Firefox is far more trouble free.
Yes, indeed.
Now I use a brilliant little program called Opus instead which is much nicer and smarter and does a whole heap of useful things as well.
Interesting. Where can I find it?

/Claes

Top Bottom