Supply Chain Management for a manufacturing industry selling Electronic Timers

N

ngkjrs

I need some insight on Supply Chain Management for a manufacturing industry who sells electronic timers.

Some power point presentations explaining SCM and the critical success factors of implementing the same is prefered.

Thank one and all in advance for your support.

Gopal

W

wmarhel

I would recommend checking out the websit for APICS (Association for Operations Management). They offer two recognized programs:

CPIM - Certified in Production and Inventory Management
CSCP - Certified Supply Chain Professional

The CPIM is five modules, each with its own test. The CSCP is one blanket test. Regardless of whether or not you want certification, the materials are very useful.

Another resource, and the best book I've found (it also happens to be one of the primary resources for the APICS material is: Introduction to Materials Management by Tony Arnold)

Wayne

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello there!

I would think it would be difficult to suggest a SCM presentation to benefit you, as your supply chain will be different than someone else's.

For example, there are different levels of make/buy, are you international, do you want to include logistics, do you want all locations in it, or just one division, etc. Your supply chain is your own; but once you have accurately identified it, you can set about to improve it.

Do you already have the components of the chain identified and are just wanting a sample of setting it up, or do you not know the components?

Just trying to get a feel of where you are wanting to go.:)

N

ngkjrs

i want a sample of setting this one up.

this company is about 3 decades old manufacturing with all old practices (buying in bulk and blocking resources for all). I joined them just now and am starting the LEAN practices. however, i would like to have an insight on SCM.

An illustration of any manufacturing unit for SCM would do.

thank you in advance.

W

world quality

NGKJRS,

Here is a little presentation that might help you, and help you to understand.

Attachments

• Supply Chain Management & E-Business.1.ppt
    785.5 KB · Views: 524

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
I need some insight on Supply Chain Management for a manufacturing industry who sells electronic timers.

Some power point presentations explaining SCM and the critical success factors of implementing the same is prefered.

Thank one and all in advance for your support.

Gopal

Hi Gopal,

I did a GOOGLE and found THESE .

Hope you could select from these for your applications.

Top Bottom