First ISO 9001 Management Review....HELP

R

Royce LeMar

Hello. I'm very new in the Quality Management department at my job. A month and half to be exact. I just had an external audit by our ISO group. It went very well and the only CAR we received was for Management Reviews. The last Quality guy had the previous Management Review documents on file but they were very unstructured. So my question is : Are there any guidelines that I can follow at first until I get the hang of these reviews? Worksheets? Questions that need to be asked? Thank you very much.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: First ISO Management Review....HELP

Welcome to The Cove Forums!! :bigwave: :bigwave:

When you say "unstructured", what does that mean? Can you be a little more specific? That will help our Members help you. :agree1:

R

Royce LeMar

When I say "unstructured" I mean the Reviews were in no particular order. The ISO book says audit results, customer feedback, process performance & product conformity, ect. In the previous reviews customer feedback was 3rd on one, 5th on some, and last on some others. I would like something more structured to where I would almost go into review with certain questions to ask the management team in a particular order. That way the Review would go in the same order every time. I hope that helps all. Thanks

F

Frankie11

I'm guessing they've never used an agenda?
Use 5.6.2 to create a simple agenda that is used for every meeting.
1. results of audits
2. customer feedback
etc.
Prior to each meeting, ask the attendees if they want to add anything (relevant) to the agenda and add those agenda points to the bottom of the list. You could also / instead have a permanent agenda point for 'general business' where you open discussion to the table (but be prepared to pull people in if they raise non-management review issues).

AndyN

Moved On
Hello. I'm very new in the Quality Management department at my job. A month and half to be exact. I just had an external audit by our ISO group. It went very well and the only CAR we received was for Management Reviews. The last Quality guy had the previous Management Review documents on file but they were very unstructured. So my question is : Are there any guidelines that I can follow at first until I get the hang of these reviews? Worksheets? Questions that need to be asked? Thank you very much.

ISO group? Do you mean your Registrar? Can you share exactly word for word what was reported about management review that needed a CAR?

Do you have a document which describes what will be accomplished through the management review. You are expressing an opinion and we have nothing to work on to suggest that anything actually needs doing! I don't understand the term "unstructured" either - it sounds like an opinion.

rickpaul01

Involved in HankyPanky

1. results of audits
2. customer feedback
etc.
Prior to each meeting, ask the attendees if they want to add anything (relevant) to the agenda and add those agenda points to the bottom of the list. You could also / instead have a permanent agenda point for 'general business' where you open discussion to the table (but be prepared to pull people in if they raise non-management review issues).
This is what I have done and it works great. After the meeting, I add the comments and action items and it becomes the meeting minutes.

Big Jim

Admin

1. results of audits
2. customer feedback
etc.

You really need more than just 5.6.2. There is the stealthy requirement to confirm that the policy and objectives in 5.6.1 and don't forget the outputs in 5.6.3.

I'm with Andy on telling us exactly what the auditor wrote so we can better advise you.

Done right, Management Review can be exceptional useful. If you just go through it checking off the requirements to get through it, it will just be drudgery and of little real use.

rickpaul01

Involved in HankyPanky

You really need more than just 5.6.2. There is the stealthy requirement to confirm that the policy and objectives in 5.6.1 and don't forget the outputs in 5.6.3.

I'm with Andy on telling us exactly what the auditor wrote so we can better advise you.

Done right, Management Review can be exceptional useful. If you just go through it checking off the requirements to get through it, it will just be drudgery and of little real use.

All great points Big Jim.
My posts are sometimes too short.
As the QMS matures, the agenda can be modified and improved to match your individual situation. But zzzz items like the review of the Quality Policy would be completely ignored if not for a standardized agenda.

Top Bottom