Basic Template for a Lean Project Report Out needed

A

Andyk68

Hi all, not been on for as while. I'm looking for a basic template for a Lean project report out. We have recently been taken over and are now a much smaller company and we can now dictate what we do on our projects. Previously we were owned by a huge international company and we were bogged down with red tape. Projects had to be run a certain way, too many slides had to be shown and the report was about 15 pages, I also had to report the results to 4 different departments across the world at different times. I know what your thinking, not very lean at all.

Now I'd like to make the lean projects much leaner. I've reduced the number of slides needed, it was approx 160 for the first morning, and i'd now like to cut the report process down to a minimum while still reporting the essential stuff.

Thx All.

W

wmarhel

Re: Report out template

You could always use the A3 format. Also, taking the time to do the slides in Powerpoint is a bit of a waste unless your making a formal presentation. Do the report out at the workcenter/area and keep it simple.

Wayne

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Hi all, not been on for as while. I'm looking for a basic template for a Lean project report out. We have recently been taken over and are now a much smaller company and we can now dictate what we do on our projects. Previously we were owned by a huge international company and we were bogged down with red tape. Projects had to be run a certain way, too many slides had to be shown and the report was about 15 pages, I also had to report the results to 4 different departments across the world at different times. I know what your thinking, not very lean at all.

Now I'd like to make the lean projects much leaner. I've reduced the number of slides needed, it was approx 160 for the first morning, and i'd now like to cut the report process down to a minimum while still reporting the essential stuff.

Thx All.

160 slides?? Is this a lean-project report or an insomnia cure? :D

Why do you need slides (or meetings) at all? Why not just
  1. Briefly summarize the project and objective(s);
  2. Tell what's actually happened wrt #1;
  3. Send it out to whomever might be interested.
My guess is that the majority of your audience is interested in results, and not interested at all in the details.

A

Andyk68

When i say 160 slides, I refer to the slides that were used to introduce project members to the type of project they were getting involved in and what is expected. I personally did not like it as I am more confident ad-libbing. And whats the point of making me a green belt if they want me to read of a slide?

W

wmarhel

When i say 160 slides, I refer to the slides that were used to introduce project members to the type of project they were getting involved in and what is expected. I personally did not like it as I am more confident ad-libbing. And whats the point of making me a green belt if they want me to read of a slide?

From the point of training, having pre-determined slides versus ad-libbing provides for greater continuity between different sessions. This becomes even more critical if different instructors are used across multiple sessions and/or groups.

Wayne

A

Andyk68

From the point of training, having pre-determined slides versus ad-libbing provides for greater continuity between different sessions. This becomes even more critical if different instructors are used across multiple sessions and/or groups.

Wayne

I do agree with that to a point, but I do think 160 slides is over cooking it somewhat. One of the things I didnt mention was that if we had a group of say 8 people in the group, all the slides had to be shown every project whether 2, 4 or all 8 had seen them already.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Wayne

Ad-libbing and having slides are not mutually exclusive concepts. You can (and should, imo) do both, unless you're such a terrific speaker that you can memorize a canned presentation and make it sound extemporaneous each time you do it. Even then, there's bound to be some ad-libbing going on.

Z

zilla9097

Hi AndyK,

Where I work we used to have a canned PowerPoint report out that was about 15 slides long and we'd lose the better part of the morning filling it all in, importing pictures, going back and shrinking the overall file size for distribution, etc. A real waste. In the last 6 months we have switched over to the use of an A3 for our report outs. Most often it is filled in by hand and then scanned for distribution to other sites/facilities. This approach goes extremely fast as you can easily fill in the A3 as you go. If you are looking for blank A3 templates I have a few and would be glad to share. They also can be found pretty readily by searching the web.

A

Andyk68

Thx for that. Thats another thing, due to the companys pre-determined training I am a bit lost with some techniques. A3 for instance, I'd not heard of it until I made the post at the top.

P

peacewong

You can reference my report. It's important to show your achievement.

Attachments

• Supermarket Summary.ppt
    1.4 MB · Views: 533
Top Bottom