Is anyone else attending the workshop to update the CQE exam?

H

holly21

I would be interested in meeting other Covers if anyone else will be there.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Enjoy your great trip to Milwaukee

holly21 said:
I would be interested in meeting other Covers if anyone else will be there.

Holly,
I bet there are many COVERS who have participated in Exam development in the past.

I am happy to know that you have been given an opportunity to contribute to CQE Item pool maintenance. CQE and CRE are the 2 that I have not participated so far. I have participated 5 different workshops in the last 3 years for CSSBB, CQA, CSQE and CQM. It is a great fun and lots of learning. I have enjoyed every single one. I will accept if an opportunity comes up in the future. You will meet professionals from various locations, backgrounds, ASQ sections. Most I love in these work shop are the networking and interaction during the session. This workshop also provides a very good idea about the ASQ Exam development process. Besides, Milwaukee is a great place. I don’t drink beer. Most participants walk to famous micro breweries nearby to enjoy local flavor. I like walking along the river during summer watching the boats, reading books at the nearby BORDER book store.
Some down sides are:
a.Signing up the agreement for 2 years on non disclosure will prevent taking CQE refresher courses. This will make it difficult for smaller ASQ sections as there are only very few volunteers available to facilitate the courses.
b.If you are stuck in a Snow storm during winter, you may have to remain in Milwaukee airport for several hours until you flights are rescheduled. (Happened to me once).

Enjoy your trip.
Regards,
Govind.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Govind said:
Holly,

b.If you are stuck in a Snow storm during winter, you may have to remain in Milwaukee airport for several hours until you flights are rescheduled. (Happened to me once).

Enjoy your trip.
Regards,
Govind.
On the up side, the food and prices in Milwaukee airport (Mitchell field) are good and reasonably priced. No giant crowds like O'Hare or Atlanta. No mile long walks like O'Hare or Atlanta, either. All the clerks and security folk at Mitchell seem to enjoy their jobs - a lot different attitude than most airports!

B

Brian Myers

I was invited... and then uninvited...

I got an invitation, then when I RSVP'd they told me all the "seats" were full. I am bummed, I was looking forward to the trip and the opportunity.:(

Brian

L

leanne - 2009

Brian Myers said:
I got an invitation, then when I RSVP'd they told me all the "seats" were full. I am bummed, I was looking forward to the trip and the opportunity.:(

Brian

Just getting invited must be pretty cool. What kind of criteria is used for invitations?

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
I attended a workshop for the CRE a year ago - the last edit before the exam was finalized. It was an interesting experinece and I was impressed with the thoroughnees of the process. The thing that surprised me the most was how many questions were discussed and ultimately thrown out even at this late stage in the game - some even that had been used before on other tests!

Tim F

H

holly21

Cqe

I really enjoyed the workshop and met a lot of really great professionals.

Someone asked what the selection criteria was, and surprisingly, we were told that it was random.

If you have an interest in future similar activities, call up ASQ and ask to be considered next time. I do think that a lot of the selection process is to get a good mix of people from different industries and backgrounds.

Top Bottom