Internal audit checksheet for TS 16949 that covers a complete system audit?

M

micheal

Can anyone provide an internal audit checksheet for TS 16949 that covers a complete system audit? I have looked at most available threads and cannot seem to find. Any help would be appreciated.

:thanx: Micheal

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
micheal said:
Can anyone provide an internal audit checksheet for TS 16949 that covers a complete system audit? I have looked at most available threads and cannot seem to find. Any help would be appreciated.

:thanx: Micheal

There are not many around because TS is not supposed to be audited to a checklist of the requirements. The TS Rules require that the system audits be performed using a process approach, using those processes you defined for your system. See cl 4.1 for more info.

The clause based checklist, if used at all, can only be used as a gap analysis when setting up the system.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
OK for desk audit?

hjilling said:
There are not many around because TS is not supposed to be audited to a checklist of the requirements. The TS Rules require that the system audits be performed using a process approach, using those processes you defined for your system. See cl 4.1 for more info. The clause based checklist, if used at all, can only be used as a gap analysis when setting up the system.
Another use is what I call a systems or desk audit to verify that the system as written continues to meet TS requirements.

We just completed our first (now to be annual) system audit. It did identify some areas where our system had drifted away from meeting the requirements as revisons were made. And it also showed areas where our system had never met the requirements (despite being on our second surveillance).

However, you are correct, a clause based checklist can not be used to meet the intent of a process audit.

Tuby1890

Registered
Re: OK for desk audit?

Another use is what I call a systems or desk audit to verify that the system as written continues to meet TS requirements.

We just completed our first (now to be annual) system audit. It did identify some areas where our system had drifted away from meeting the requirements as revisons were made. And it also showed areas where our system had never met the requirements (despite being on our second surveillance).

However, you are correct, a clause based checklist can not be used to meet the intent of a process audit.
How did you go about conducting your system audit? We are in the process of obtaining our TS certification and understand that we must conduct process audits and system audits. Unfortunately, we are not real clear on the difference between the two, more specific, what constitutes a system audit. - Thanks.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: OK for desk audit?

How did you go about conducting your system audit? We are in the process of obtaining our TS certification and understand that we must conduct process audits and system audits. Unfortunately, we are not real clear on the difference between the two, more specific, what constitutes a system audit. - Thanks.

The TS Rules provide some guidance on this. Basically, both must be performed in a process approach.

Your quality system is defined as a series of processes (cl. 4.1). These must be scheduled and audited to the process approach. The manufacturing process audits must also be audited to a process approach. But, typically, those are a detailed walk through of the control plan.

tony s

Information Seeker
Hi micheal,

I tried to borrow (actually plagiarized :eek: ) some of the Covers ideas and developed one for myself.

Hope this would help.

tony s

Attachments

• Audit Checklist Process Approach.xls
    51 KB · Views: 4,569

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hi micheal,

I tried to borrow (actually plagiarized :eek: ) some of the Covers ideas and developed one for myself.

Hope this would help.

tony s

Looks pretty good to me. You can also make a list of particular questions for each process, but you can't stop there. It takes this kind of process thinking to go with it. And, audit the linkages to other processes and support processes.

tony s

Information Seeker
Thanks hjiling,

Actually, I'm still trying to completely understand the process approach auditing. When you said "It takes this kind of process thinking to go with it", I'm a bit confused or worried that I still have a lot to learn.:frust:

And, audit the linkages to other processes and support processes.

Question: Isn't auditing each process input and output the same with auditing the linkages?:)

Hope you can give some help in clarifying this. Thanks in advance.

tony s

Top Bottom