How to Assess the Effectiveness of the QMS (Quality Management System)

P

phucduong

Hi All!

I am newbie in this forum. I want to ask how to assess the effectiveness of ISO 9000 QMS. Pls!

Regars!

M

M Greenaway

Perhaps by seeing how well we perform against our objectives !

Maybe by assessing how happy our customers are !

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Hi All!

I am newbie in this forum. I want to ask how to assess the effectiveness of ISO 9000 QMS. Pls!

Regars!

The internal audit system is one of the tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the QMS, besides, just because the customer is happy, doesn't necessarily determine the effectiveness of the QMS, in my opinion.

I am newbie in this forum.
Welcome, I hope you'll like it here :bigwave:

As for your question: I suggest a look at ISO 9004:2000. Clause 5.6.2 (Management review) suggests a number of useful things to look at:

ISO 9004:2000. Clause 5.6.2 said:
Inputs to evaluate efficiencyas well as effectiveness of the quality management system should consider the customer and other interested parties and should include
— status and results of qualityo bjectives and improvement activities,
— status of management review action items,
— results of audits and self-assessment of the organization,
— feedback on the satisfaction of interested parties, perhaps even to the point of their participation,
— market-related factors such as technology, research and development, and competitor performance,
— results from benchmarking activities,
— performance of suppliers,
— new opportunities for improvement,
— control of process and product nonconformities,
— marketplace evaluation and strategies,
— status of strategic partnership activities,
— financial effects of qualityr elated activities, and
— other factors which mayim pact the organization, such as financial, social or environmental conditions, and relevant statutory and regulatory changes.

/Claes

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Awesome suggestion, Claes! Too often we forget about how useful ISO 9004 is!

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Darn. Now I have to go back and read ISO again. I completely forgot that was there. Thanks Claes! :thanks:

P

phucduong

Thank all!:thanks: I really forgot ISO 9004. But I want to find a quatitative method such as KPIs (key performance indicators). Anyone heard this method?
Regards!

J

JaneB

Good line of thought to pursue. Consider the objectives (what you're aiming to achieve) and the metrics (KPIs, whatever you term them) you're going to use to determine if you've met them or not.

A recent example: a call centre set an objective of reducing sick leave (sub-objective of improving staff morale)

One of the KPIs they chose to measure effectiveness was the sick leave%. So if they can get it down, over the next 4 months, say from 12% to 9%, then they know their action in that case has been effective.

Specific KPIs can be great to measure by, if they're appropriate and well chosen.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Thank all!:thanks: I really forgot ISO 9004. But I want to find a quatitative method such as KPIs (key performance indicators). Anyone heard this method?
Regards!

Please use the search function here in the cove for 'KPIs' - you'll see that we've had many discussions on this very issue.

A

Aaron Lupo

Hi All!

Regars!

Welcome.

I understand you are new to this forum, but what is your experience working with Quality/Business Systems or just what is your general experince?

Top Bottom