Cleaning standards for Medical Devices - Implants - Cleaning Validation

Y

ybs80

Are there any cleaning standards available for medical device, specifically implants? I need them for my company's cleaning validation.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Cleaning standards for medical device

Are there any cleaning standards available for medical device, specifically implants? I need them for my company's cleaning validation.
I think EN556 might be your answer.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Also refer -

AAMI TIR No. 12: 2004 - Designing, Testing, and Labeling Reusable Medical Devices for Reprocessing in Healthcare Facilities: A Guide for Device Manufacturers.

AAMI TIR No. 30: 2003 - A compendium of processes, materials, test methods, and acceptance criteria for cleaning reusable medical devices.

Refer FDA article under Sources of Additional Information (bottom of page)

and MHRA Guidance Documents

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Also refer -

AAMI TIR No. 12: 2004 - Designing, Testing, and Labeling Reusable Medical Devices for Reprocessing in Healthcare Facilities: A Guide for Device Manufacturers.

AAMI TIR No. 30: 2003 - A compendium of processes, materials, test methods, and acceptance criteria for cleaning reusable medical devices.

Refer FDA article under Sources of Additional Information (bottom of page)

and MHRA Guidance Documents
Are implants reusable?:lol:

M

MIREGMGR

Are implants reusable?:lol:

At least with the FDA, that would be a challenging Pre Market Approval process, I'd think.

Plus, ummm...who in the clinical-care chain would do the implant removal and return-to-vendor once it, ummm, was no longer needed? :rolleyes:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
I think the OP wants a hand out. We don't promote the sharing of copyrighted material on this site and if that is the case then he will have to spend about 410 shekels to purchase the standard.

Last edited:
D

dhansbalaa

. Also residual spec details.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom