How do you measure soft skills training efficiency?

L

luciano

how do you measure soft skills training efficiency? looking for forms examples and any ideas.
thank you.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
how do you measure soft skills training efficiency? looking for forms examples and any ideas.
thank you.

1. By observation - example receptionist or tele-marketeers. Depending on what they are trained, you can have a list of what they must do/say, should do and should not do and you observe and score them as they serve customers. Sometimes video and/or audio recordings may be use.

2. From feedback - feedback or interviewing customers, feedback from peers or colleagues and that may include interviews.

Regards.

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
I agree with the previous post ( observation and feedback )
You have to think as follows :
A person is sent to a training because a training need had been found.

Is there still a need after the training ?

Hope this helps,

Antoine

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I have a hunch I know what you mean by "soft skills" - but I'd sure like YOUR definition.

Typically, the first step in evaluating ANY training, regardless of topic, is to establish the expectation of the student to perform a specific task covered by the training (quality of work, time taken, etc.)

The student then takes either a "practical test" (hands on - dealing with the specific tasks and tools in an environment closely approximating the real life one - in MY idea of "soft skills" - this is often performed by role playing actors in the role of coworkers, bosses, customers, subordinates, etc.)
OR
goes to work in the real environment (on probation, monitored by an experienced evaluator)

T

ttwerp65 - 2009

Most of the staffing agencies have testing programs. My experience has been with express, actually, I worked for them for a period of time. These organizations can not only test for speed, but also accuracy in many various programs. Give them a call.:D

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Most of the staffing agencies have testing programs. My experience has been with express, actually, I worked for them for a period of time. These organizations can not only test for speed, but also accuracy in many various programs. Give them a call.:D

Now I'm confused. I thought I understood what was meant by "soft skills," but I wonder how my interpersonal transactions with my coworkers can be tested for speed and accuracy. I suppose if someone sneezes, I must be careful to say "God bless you" very quickly, and to the correct person, or suffer the consequences. :mg: :truce:

T

ttwerp65 - 2009

:notme: My bad! I misinterpreted the question! My apologies jim. Did I pass!?!?:cool:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Well, I guess so. Your accuracy was fine, but you could have been faster. :lol:
Do you think he needs a refresher course and someone to monitor his soft skills for a probation period? Is "attention deficit disorder" a soft skill "failure?" If so, I probably need the refresher course!;)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
We may have a language barrier affecting the context of this question.

Effectiveness measurements: How well the person performs after training

Efficiency: If the trainee "got it" the first time, or the second time, etc.

Both are subject to the employee in various ways, and to the training methods as well. How many of us have nearly expired as a trainer droned on (or addressed the white board) for hours in a warm room? How many trainers display an inability to reword a question, correctly interpret body language, successfully accomodate personal challenges like disabilities and temperament?

The opportunities for training failures are almost infinite, and I've yet to encounter an evaluation program that addresses all the training factors.

Top Bottom