Critical Control Points development and Cross contamination in food preparation

S

Sartaj Bedi

So I identify CCP. The to show that CCP are be ing maintained I need to show them for every item on the menu.

I am a bit confused should the devlopment of CCP be grouped by ingredinets like chciken, fish , dairy with its intednde use or take each item on the menu and find outs its CCP. The later is very hard work.

In addiiton what happens when we combine two process eg salad with grilled hot chciken or salad with grilled cold chicken.

How do I factor in cross contamination with hands or equipments. eg if someone has a shell fish allergy ... then that person is susceptible if a after grilling sea food on a griddle plate is followed by grilling chicken. You can clean the plate but How clean is Clean.

Advise would help

P

Polly Pure Bread

So I identify CCP. The to show that CCP are be ing maintained I need to show them for every item on the menu.

I am a bit confused should the devlopment of CCP be grouped by ingredinets like chciken, fish , dairy with its intednde use or take each item on the menu and find outs its CCP. The later is very hard work.

Adopt ISO 22000:2005 - food safety management system ;)

In addiiton what happens when we combine two process eg salad with grilled hot chciken or salad with grilled cold chicken.

it's like asking what happens when you mix hot cold water together:lol:

How do I factor in cross contamination with hands or equipments. eg if someone has a shell fish allergy ... then that person is susceptible if a after grilling sea food on a griddle plate is followed by grilling chicken. You can clean the plate but How clean is Clean.

Advise would help

Yes, those are contaminants – any substance or object that makes food harmful, objectionable or contaminated whether physical, chemical, or biological.

Short definition of cross contamination:

Microorganisms are carried from one source to another.

Clean simply means free from visible dirt but i guess what you need is SANITATION. Sanitize means free from germs or microorganisms.

F

frawat

Sartaj
You raise very interesting and even difficult questions.
Honestly I do not have experience in food preparation (restaurant?) HACCP.
But, I guess you need to be practical and group your products/flowcharts as much as you can. Possibly, several different end products will share parts of the same process flow. Your HACCP should be manageable, and the important thing is that you actually implement your control measures and seven HACCP principles. You should carefully identify your PCCs so that you should not have too many of them (usually a common mistake).
Of course if you have different ingredients or components in the dish, then the end product is different and possibly also your HACCP plan, unless you can group similar hazard dishes. For example: hot and cold grilled chicken pose different hazards. Also raw or cooked salad.
Control of allergens (cross-contamination) is essential. You should either have dedicated equipment for some major allergens or excellent cleaning procedures, I guess. All of these should be documented and validated.
I guess many other people who work in your type of business should be able to advise you better.
Regards,
Francis

Top Bottom