What is C=O in sampling?

A

Augus

Our ISO procedure call out ANSI Z1.4 2003 level 2 normal for sampling but it also call out C=0. So what is C=0?

Also, Our ISO procedure does not state which AQL to use so how do you know what to use?

Our receiving inspection sampling is all over the place it need to be fix, and I am having a tought time trying to figure this out.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
C=O is the acceptance number. Non conforming parts MUST = 0 .

The AQL must be decided based on a combination of confidence in the supplier, importance of the part etc.

If you look at the bottom of the page there are references to other similar threads and try searching for AQL etc.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
C=0 is the norm in aerospace supplies since, for aerospace applications, no lot sould be accepted with known defects.

From AS9100 8.2.4: "... [font=Arial,BoldItalic]When the organization uses sampling inspection as a means of product acceptance, the plan shall be statistically valid and appropriate for use. The plan shall preclude the acceptance of lots whose samples have known nonconformities. When required, the plan shall be submitted for customer approval...."
[/font]

A

Augus

Thank you for all great response. I think it is great to use AOZ compare to AQL, Still sampling but there is no doubt that there will be defect in the lot.

I have another question, where can I find a source for Accept on Zero base sampling plan talbe.

Thanks,

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Augus said:
Thank you for all great response. I think it is great to use AOZ compare to AQL, Still sampling but there is no doubt that there will be defect in the lot.

I have another question, where can I find a source for Accept on Zero base sampling plan talbe.

Thanks,
MIL-STD-1916 has a c=0 plan. Mil-hdbk-1916 may be useful as well. Both are in Military Standards directory.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
More and more industries are going to zero defect lot acceptance plans. Based on the AQL characteristics required for the part, the sample size is adjusted accordingly. This is a change from the times when economics dictated the sample size and the acceptance number was dictated from the required AQL.

Top Bottom