What Commercial (off the shelf) QMS Software are you using - Any Recommendations?

W

w_grunfeld

What QMS software is in use in your organization?
What is the best overall software for small to medium size companies?

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Commercial (off the shelf) QMS Software

What's the best is very subjective. I can tell you some of what I use in this 130 or so person, $20MM company:

• Sunday Business Sytems Training Database
  • SQC Pack EZ by PQ Systems
  • Calibration Recall database by the Harrington Group

That's it. Everything else is done in either MS programs or custom databases designed in house that are accessible via crystal reports on our intranet.

We are currently review various document management systems.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator

What QMS software is in use in your organization?
What is the best overall software for small to medium size companies?

It all depends on what you are looking for. Calibration software? ISO documentation software? We have discussions on this matter in the past. Try the Search button up in the top right of the screen and you'll be led to lots of information!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Good points, RC. The OP (Original Poster) should be more specific about his/her specfic needs.

W

w_grunfeld

It all depends on what you are looking for. Calibration software? ISO documentation software? We have discussions on this matter in the past. Try the Search button up in the top right of the screen and you'll be led to lots of information!
By QMS software I meant software supporting/automating as many activities as possible of a QMS (call it ISO ) from documentation management, through audits, management reviews, product and process monitoring ..the whole 9 miles. Most of the software packages have several modules, none have all. My question is which that you know of has the most, is efficient, user friendly, comprehenive, and a good value. Hope it is clearer now.

G

Gert Sorensen

I have no affiliation with any of these companies, but I have spent a lot lot of time browsing their websites, reading whitepapers, and talking to sales reps from these companies:

Master Control
Trackwise
EtQ
AssurX

All of them have compliant systems that goes more or less the whole 9 yards. Whether or not any of them will suit your needs will probably be mostly a matter of resources and commitment from your companies side, what branch you are in, and what your expectations to an electronic Q-system are. Do remember, that systems like these are just a tool. A knife does not make you a butcher, and an electronic Q-system does not provide any more than a database that is - hopefully - well designed. If it is not implemented and utilized correctly it will be a waste of time and money.
:bigwave:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
A quick search seemed to indicate that many of the threads on software here in the Cove are software specific. What I would suggest is that as people mention software in this thread, do a search on it here in the Cove.

Many QMS softwares offer complete packages - everything from document control to auditing to corrective action control and so on. It all depends on what you are looking for. Some are more user-friendly than others. Some are web-based, some are not.

My own experience is with QSi (operated by IBS). It can be web-based or Lotus Notes based.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource

By QMS software I meant software supporting/automating as many activities as possible of a QMS (call it ISO ) from documentation management, through audits, management reviews, product and process monitoring ..the whole 9 miles. Most of the software packages have several modules, none have all. My question is which that you know of has the most, is efficient, user friendly, comprehenive, and a good value. Hope it is clearer now.

We use Cebos. It is very comprehensive.

*NOTE* I have done consulting work for them in the past, so this can not be considered an unbiased recomendation. Please look and decide for yourself.

Q

QualityMan45

I have no affiliation with any of these companies, but I have spent a lot lot of time browsing their websites, reading whitepapers, and talking to sales reps from these companies:

Master Control
Trackwise
EtQ
AssurX

All of them have compliant systems that goes more or less the whole 9 yards. Whether or not any of them will suit your needs will probably be mostly a matter of resources and commitment from your companies side, what branch you are in, and what your expectations to an electronic Q-system are. Do remember, that systems like these are just a tool. A knife does not make you a butcher, and an electronic Q-system does not provide any more than a database that is - hopefully - well designed. If it is not implemented and utilized correctly it will be a waste of time and money.
:bigwave:
I would say stay away from Master Control. We had a terrible experience and could not recommend them for anything other than taking your money and wanting more!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

I would say stay away from Master Control. We had a terrible experience and could not recommend them for anything other than taking your money and wanting more!
You have complained about Master Control in several discussion threads today. If you are going to criticize them, please be more specific - And be honest. Remember, these days bad reviews can cause problems.

Top Bottom