Interesting Discussion Procedure vs. Work Instruction (WI) - What is the difference?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
See the thread Howard linked to. Usually the procedure is a higher level document but one can argue that they are the same and that their use is semantics.

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
You can also scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to similar threads.

J

JRaghavendran

Make your own definition

In few older quality system documents I have helped develop in the past we have used the discriminating criterion that procedures are documents that explain inter- departmental activities while work instructions are activity specific instruction to be carried out usually by a single associate or by a small team within one department.

With the process focus introduced with the 9K2k version, this discrimination is insignificant.

V

vanputten

Not sure it matters

I am not sure it matters what the difference is between a procedure and a work instruction but I use the EXACT same terminology as Cari Spears. Word for word. The only thing I add is that "Who" means title or department not actual name. "When" generally means in what sequence, not clock time.

Regards,

Dirk

Top Bottom