DFARs 252-225-7014 (7008, 7009) (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement)

Q

quality24

We purchase bar stock to the DFAR's requirement without any issues. It is the small 2-56 to 4-40 DFARs screws I have a hard time getting at a price that is not 5 to 6 times higher then the non-DFARs compliant parts. It appears that comercial parts (COTS) used in military application do not have to comply to the DFARs requirements.

DCMA indicates the COTS parts do not have to be DFARs complaint but it may have to do with the percentage that our supplier of the screws has to compliant to non-compliant material.
We use the screw in our assembly we are not reselling the screws. We make displays and switch panel for commercial and military aircraft.
The screws are a very small piece if our assembly weight and cost wise.
Maybe 4 dollars of screws in a $1000 unit.

I have reviewed many documents on the INTERNET without getting a clear vision of the answer. These requirement are written by congressman as new laws with loopholes and exceptions to the exceptions. Any help would be great. The new site is 7008 and 7009

http://farsite.hill.af.mil/reghtml/regs/FAR2AFMCFARS/FARDFARS/DFARS/Dfars252_220.htm?zoom_highlight=252%2E225-7014#P809_48625

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: DFARs 252-225-7014 (7008, 7009) (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplemen

We purchase bar stock to the DFAR's requirement without any issues. It is the small 2-56 to 4-40 DFARs screws I have a hard time getting at a price that is not 5 to 6 times higher then the non-DFARs compliant parts. It appears that commercial parts (COTS) used in military application do not have to comply to the DFARs requirements.

DCMA indicates the COTS parts do not have to be DFARs complaint but it may have to do with the percentage that our supplier of the screws has to compliant to non-compliant material.
We use the screw in our assembly we are not reselling the screws. We make displays and switch panel for commercial and military aircraft.
The screws are a very small piece if our assembly weight and cost wise.
Maybe 4 dollars of screws in a $1000 unit.

I have reviewed many documents on the INTERNET without getting a clear vision of the answer. These requirement are written by congressmen as new laws with loopholes and exceptions to the exceptions. Any help would be great.

Can someone help with this?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

Top Bottom