List Error Proofing in the Process FMEA or the Control Plan

C

cavrdave

We are using a shadow boards for kitting many parts at each of the many work stations. The customer wants me to list this as "Error Proofing" but she list this issue under her pfmea complaints for the same ppap and not the control plan portion of the ppap. I'm leaning toward that she made a mistake and that ERROR PROOFING goes into the CONTROL PLAN portions of the PPAP. Since it is about Control. Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.

G

gbcqc

Re: ERROR PROOFING: list it in the pfmea or control plan

I agree with you that it would go in the control plan, but I would also use it to see how it would affect my RPN in the PFMEA and could mention it as a reason for lowering the occurance score. Just my opinion.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
We are using a shadow boards for kitting many parts at each of the many work stations. The customer wants me to list this as "Error Proofing" but she list this issue under her pfmea complaints for the same ppap and not the control plan portion of the ppap. I'm leaning toward that she made a mistake and that ERROR PROOFING goes into the CONTROL PLAN portions of the PPAP. Since it is about Control. Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.

There are "Current Process Control" columns on the PFMEA form (one for prevention controls and one for detection controls). You are describing a current process control. It should be on both the PFMEA and the control plan.

Top Bottom