Training Management Systems (aka Learning Management Systems)

Q

QM Becky

Good Day all,
We are a medical device manufacturer with all manual, hard copy, paper based systems. We have initiated a project to investigate usage, benefits, costs etc of some electronic systems for quality system (Doc Control, CAPA, Complaints, NCR etc) and Training management.

I'm specifically interested in training management systems, sometimes called LMS (Learning Management Systems). I don't need or want anything quite as involved as ComplianceWire, but need something more complex than an access database. AND, I need to keep the costs to a minimum. I've been testing a few and THINK that I like Training Manager 2010... wondering if anyone has used this one, and what they think and if there are others that anyone would recommend.

Thanks!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Training Management Systems

Good Day all,
We are a medical device manufacturer with all manual, hard copy, paper based systems. We have initiated a project to investigate usage, benefits, costs etc of some electronic systems for quality system (Doc Control, CAPA, Complaints, NCR etc) and Training management.

I'm specifically interested in training management systems, sometimes called LMS (Learning Management Systems). I don't need or want anything quite as involved as ComplianceWire, but need something more complex than an access database. AND, I need to keep the costs to a minimum. I've been testing a few and THINK that I like Training Manager 2010... wondering if anyone has used this one, and what they think and if there are others that anyone would recommend.

Thanks!

Does anyone have suggestions for Becky?

Thanks.

Stijloor.

A

aru dev

Hi

I have worked in an IT company where we were using a TMS which was built in-house by our software developer.
I think the TMS is very industry and needs specific.

You should try to conceptualise this in-house, and find people to do it in-house

Gung Hoi !

Aru

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QM Becky

Hi

I have worked in an IT company where we were using a TMS which was built in-house by our software developer.
I think the TMS is very industry and needs specific.

You should try to conceptualise this in-house, and find people to do it in-house

Gung Hoi !

Aru

Unfortunately, in house development is not an option as we do not have an IT department (ours is outsourced). I have a needs/wants list for this program and have worked with other programs in the past, so evaluation is not a problem, but the systems I've used were VERY expensive and meant for much bigger companies. I'm just looking for any input on this particular one or maybe any advise on programs anyone else has used in the past that might fit the bill.

Thanks!

Top Bottom