AS9100 Rev C Internal Audit Procedure/Plan - Addressing 8.2.2 - Customer Requirements

J

jesterjay8

I'm working on revising our Internal Audit procedure. Can anyone help me out with 8.2.2 in AS9100:C, "Note: Planned Arrangements include customer contractual requirements"? How should I take into consideration the customer requirements in the internal audit plan?

Thank you!!

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: AS9100 Rev C Internal Audit Procedure/Plan - Addressing 8.2.2 - Customer Requirem

I'm working on revising our Internal Audit procedure. Can anyone help me out with 8.2.2 in AS9100:C, "Note: Planned Arrangements include customer contractual requirements"? How should I take into consideration the customer requirements in the internal audit plan?

Thank you!!

Start with 8.2.1 - meet that requirement and then add go to 5.2....

AAHHH!

better yet - do a flow process chart on the requirements (add 8.4) and let me know how that works - a starting point.

Once you define your processes, inputs and outputs - then your auditing is focused.

Though to define i a couple of sentences .... let me know if you need additional information. :cool:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9100 Rev C Internal Audit Procedure/Plan - Addressing 8.2.2 - Customer Requirem

Thank you!!

As you prepare to audit a process, review customer contracts for requirements that are relevant to the process. Add this information to your audit working documents. Allocate time during the audit to follow up on these requirements at appropriate locations in the process.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

How should I take into consideration the customer requirements in the internal audit plan?
Customer requirements are obviously extremely important. An internal auditor MUST do his/her homework and ascertain applicable contractual requirements and collect evidence to demonstrate if the requirements are being complied with, or not.

For example, imagine that you manufacture parts for Boeing Commercial Aircraft and you observe that an assembly line is doing sampling inspection for in-process inspection. That could be a violation of a specific requirement contained in the BCA X31764 document, which stipulates:
Seller shall perform 100% inspection for in-process and final inspection or Seller shall conform to requirements of document D1-8007 “Approval Guide for Supplier Statistical Plans” as may be amended from time to time
Just one minor example. Linking this thread to another current one, it drives the point that PROPER, ROBUST, EFFECTIVE internal auditing is very demanding and most internal auditors are ill prepared to perform value added, high performing assessments.

By the way, one of the heightened expectations for CB auditors performing audits under the ICOP Scheme is for them to pay more attention to customer requirements. Too many times, CB auditors are unaware of customer specific requirements and fail to assess the registrant's QMS against such specifications. The upcoming 2011 AAQG/RMC CB Auditor workshop in Cambridge, MA, at the end of July will have a session on auditing customer requirements.

Last edited:
P

Phonzie

Typically, an agreement/quality agreement will outline the requirements for performing an audit on customers. It will be necessary to view this and develop your audit plan. If this information cannot be obtain, I suggest, developing an audit plan and communicate what your intentions (scope) are and provide guidance to what requirements/standards you plan to audit customer agains. They may provide input about their quality system.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom