VDA 6.3 Level C Certificate Requirements for External Auditor

F

farcas25

Hi!
i am working in an automotive company supplying VW. during the VDA audit from customer last week they said that external auditors (SQE) need to have a VDA 6.3 level C certificate. i couldn't find this mentioned anywhere in written... :confused:
are you aware of any sittuation like this?
thank you!
:thanks:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: VDA requirements for external auditor

Probably it is written in Supplier Quality manual of VW by means of which they communicate to your organization their requirement, also on the certification of the auditor of the supplier's organization.

In my opinion it is allowable, because , if you want to assure the continuity of the supplier chain, you should aware of VDA 6.3 requirements to have them applied to your direct suppliers too during your audit on supplier premises.

martin.valdes

Starting to get Involved
Re: VDA requirements for external auditor

The same requirement the auditor said us during a VDA audit, reviewing the VDA, I found the auditor qualification on VDA 6.3 second edition, section 3, page 11, where state show evidence of the succesfull vda 6.3 training, Am I correct on my VDA interpretation?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
The requirement is for internal auditors

from-Quality management agreement between the companies of the
VOLKSWAGEN GROUP and its suppliers
page 12
The Internal Audit must be conducted by qualified VDA 6.3 auditors (See VDA 6.3: Internal Auditor Requirements).
As part of the Self Audit the Supplier is responsible to internally verify the adequacy of the Improvement Programme. The VOLKSWAGEN Group expects the Supplier Self Audit to cover more than just identified areas of concern from the Improvement Programme; otherwise it will not
be valid. The Self Audit is to be conducted in the same way as a Process Audit and with a Product Audit. The outsourced processes must be also considered as well. For the overall assessment of the Quality Capability the guidelines according to the document Process Audit apply.
The VOLKSWAGEN Group requires Suppliers to conduct at least once a year (the valid time period is a maximum 12 months) a Self Audit for all Process Steps for the Product Groups relevant to VOLKSWAGEN Group products.

Top Bottom