CQA exam qualification

W

Wendy01

Do ASQ certification count toward the experience needed for ASQ certification exams?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Do ASQ certification count toward the experience needed for ASQ certification exams?

Refer ASQ info - Is this the right certification for you ?

You must have eight years of on-the-job experience in one or more of the areas of the Certified Quality Auditor Body of Knowledge. A minimum of three years of this experience must be in a decision-making position. “Decision-making” is defined as the authority to define, execute, or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome. This may or may not include management or supervisory positions.

If you were ever certified by ASQ as a Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Software Quality Engineer or Quality Manager, experience used to qualify for certification in these fields applies to certification as a Quality Auditor.

If you have completed a degree* from a college, university or technical school with accreditation accepted by ASQ, part of the eight-year experience requirement will be waived as follows (only one of these waivers may be claimed):

Diploma from a technical or trade school—one year will be waived.
Associate degree—two years waived.
Bachelor’s degree—four years waived.
Master’s or doctorate—five years waived.

*Degrees/diplomas from educational institutions outside the United States must be equivalent to degrees from U.S. educational institutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wendy01

Just as CRE,CQE etc is Certified biomedical auditor(CBA)certification also considered towards experience needed for CQA?

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Upon review, the academic requirements for CBA and CQA are the same. However the CQA requires minimum of three years experience in a decision-making position. Whereas CBA requires minimum of one year in a decision-making role. This is probably the reason why CBA is not listed along with other certifications.

If look carefully, "If you were ever certified by ASQ as a Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Software Quality Engineer or Quality Manager, experience used to qualify for certification in these fields applies to certification as a Quality Auditor".

Hence unless you have added experience after CBA or upgraded your academic requirements to meet CQA requirements, I don't think you will be eligible to apply. I still encourage you to write to ASQ customer service and ask this question. Besides, there are other certifications that you may take a look for now.

Regards,
Govind.

A

auditrookie

Hi, I am a beginning auditor (2 yrs TS16949), I have a Bachelor's degree and I am studying to take the CQA.

What is the best way to study for this exam?

How hard is it?

thanks for the help

B

Boscoeee

Hi, I am a beginning auditor (2 yrs TS16949), I have a Bachelor's degree and I am studying to take the CQA.

How hard is it?

thanks for the help

If not prepared it is challenging!

Recommend that you purchase Quality Council of Indiana primer, solution text, and Exam CD.

Also, log onto the ASQ website and take the sample exam to get some idea of the exam!

I am not affiliated with QCI

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

How hard is it?

thanks for the help
Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

I have used materials from a number of sources and had some experience with the exam process. I have noticed some things over time:

• I have historically prefered Pyzdek's books from Quality America because of their readability, accurate indexes, ease of use in a test situation and usefulness as references on the job.
  • I did not like the Primers from Quality Council of Indiana (QCI) because I thought they were too awkward to use in an open book exam, and did not include enough detail to be used as on-the-job references.
  • Whether they mean to or not, out of all the references they cite on the list, I have noticed most of the questions are drawn from ASQ's handbooks.
  • I think practice question CDs are very helpful. I like to use them to look up answers to questions in the reference book, because I learn better that way than just reading those tomes.
  • Exam question CDs are available for sale in at least a couple of sources, Quality America and QCI. Their questions seemed very similar, but I noticed more repeats in CQI's CD (I used it for studying for the CQE) and a fer wrrors that I took issue with enough to write to them.
  • I would not dream of taking these exams without studying. When I took my last exam (MgrQuality/OE) I didn't have time to loook up more than a few. I got my biggest benefit from careful reading, including all the markup notes, underlines, hilights and so on that render these books almost without resale value on Amazon.com.
  • Take plenty of pre-sharpened pencils on exam day. I used several, and did not have access to a pencil sharpener.
I hope this helps!

Q

QualityGRL

Is there someone in the Dallas/Ft Wort area who would like to form a study group for the CQA?

Top Bottom