Ethernet Isolation Transformer for Medical Grade PCB

E

eephotoki

I'm looking for an ethernet isolation transformer that I can place on our pcb that is medical grade ive contacted many of the large suppliers but haven't had any luck. Could someone suggest any part numbers. I know they are out there because medical devices do have them :D

E

eephotoki

Bump... does anyone have experience that can help me answer my question?

E

eephotoki

Hello eephotoki
Visit the link below:
"link"
We use isolotion transformers from Halo in our medical equipments

Hi Nikolaos,
Thank you for the suggestion. For our specification required creepage is 4.6mm and 2.5mm with as isolation voltage of 1,500 is that what your requirments are. Also the parts have to be UL certified to these specifications I don't see that the ones you recommended are UL certified.

How does your UL Auditior verify that the part actually meets these specifications?

N

nikolaos

Please see the attached file, this is just un example. The UL file number is E177065. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• HaloTGR110-Q350NC.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 347
E

eephotoki

Hi Nikolaos,
This one is perfect our UL auditor agrees as well thank you for your help.

T

travis0501

Hi Nikolaos,
This one is perfect our UL auditor agrees as well thank you for your help.

Hello eephotoki,
I am in the same situation as you were. 1.5KV & creepage 4.6mm & air 2.5mm
I can't see any information about distance from attach pdf file, what is the final solution you are choosing?
Thanks
:)

P

piercent

Thought you might be interested in a new paper from Littlefuse examining ESD protection of ethernet datalines. The paper discusses how the ESD pulse can be introduced directly into the open port, or into the disconnected end of the cable.

M

MedEng7

I had a similar design problem creating a 60601-1 compliant ethernet port. I found the solution with a specially designed PCB mounted transformer from EMO Systems Inc in Texas.

Top Bottom