Tooling Suppliers: Process Audit Check-List?

B

bobtick

Hello everybody,
maybe, as far as I know, this is my first "Discussion" I'm posting.
I've a problem.
In my sphere of activities and responsibilities I have to Audit also Tooling Suppliers : precisely suppliers who manufacture dies for automotive sector.
The company I'm working for is a multinational american company with many plants worldwide. I'm located in ltaly but have the responsibility over all European Supply Base, Tooling Suppliers (recently) included.
Is there anybody who has kind of a "Process Audit Check-List" to be used when performing an audit by such suppliers? Does anybody have any suggestion / hint how to perform the audit?
I would appreciate any kind of help you are willing to give me.:D

bobtick

J

John Martinez

Re: Tooling Suppliers : Process Audit Check-List?

Is there anybody who has kind of a "Process Audit Check-List" to be used when performing an audit by such suppliers? Does anybody have any suggestion / hint how to perform the audit?
bobtick

Here are some free files: Elsmar Cove Free Files Directory .

Perhaps it is a language difference; however, by your wording, it appears as though you have been given this responsibility without your organization providing training.

Without proper training, even these free tools may be of little assistance.

You may wish to start with the requirements imposed by your organization on suppliers, including, management system requirements, contract requirements, etc.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

In addition to the previous post, I think you should also know the requirement you have asked for to your Suppliers.

B

bobtick

Thanks to John Martinez and qusys for their prompt reply.:D
Answering to John's remarks : it's not a matter of "training".;)
I've quite enough experience in auditing suppliers and the approach used in Process Audit s by suppliers of components (stampings, assemblies, fasteners, etc.) is the same I would use in auditing "Tooling Suppliers". It's a matter of "technical content" of the Check-List itself. Although in my initial esperience (23 yrs ago) in automotive, I worked in the 'Die Designing and Construction Dept.' and a few years ago I also performed some Audits by Tooling Suppliers, my concern is to know whether there exists an already done 'Check-List' ready to be used. Of course, in case I could customize the Check-List to the needs of my Company, but as of today I don't have such a Check-List and "preparing" or "inventing" a new one would take time that unfortunately I don't have yet.:(

Answering to qusys's remark : with regards to the requirement of the Tooling Suppliers the only explicite one is that they must be ISO 9001 certified.:agree:

My goals in performing such Process Audits are :
- to verify whether the Tolling Suppliers' "Quality System" in place is consistent with the "Die Construction Planning" declared to my company or there exist potential critical weaknesses/gaps to be plugged
- to verify whether the several steps/phases in 'Die Designing' and 'Die Manufacturing' activities are properly implemented, monitored and updated accordingly or need to be improved.

As I wrote I would be great to find such an already done "Check-List".

My intention is to use part of the "VDA 6.3 Process Audit" Check-List whose initial questions focus on
"Product Development Planning",
"Product Development Design",
"Process Development Planning" and
"Realizing Process Development"

of course with the due customization.
What do you think about my intention?
Thanks for the reply you would give.

Ciao

bobtick
:):bigwave:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

I tried to send an email to you with some check lists, but the system gives me an error. check a msg of mine to you here.

Thanks to John Martinez and qusys for their prompt reply.:D
Answering to John's remarks : it's not a matter of "training".;)
I've quite enough experience in auditing suppliers and the approach used in Process Audit s by suppliers of components (stampings, assemblies, fasteners, etc.) is the same I would use in auditing "Tooling Suppliers". It's a matter of "technical content" of the Check-List itself. Although in my initial esperience (23 yrs ago) in automotive, I worked in the 'Die Designing and Construction Dept.' and a few years ago I also performed some Audits by Tooling Suppliers, my concern is to know whether there exists an already done 'Check-List' ready to be used. Of course, in case I could customize the Check-List to the needs of my Company, but as of today I don't have such a Check-List and "preparing" or "inventing" a new one would take time that unfortunately I don't have yet.:(

Answering to qusys's remark : with regards to the requirement of the Tooling Suppliers the only explicite one is that they must be ISO 9001 certified.:agree:

My goals in performing such Process Audits are :
- to verify whether the Tolling Suppliers' "Quality System" in place is consistent with the "Die Construction Planning" declared to my company or there exist potential critical weaknesses/gaps to be plugged
- to verify whether the several steps/phases in 'Die Designing' and 'Die Manufacturing' activities are properly implemented, monitored and updated accordingly or need to be improved.

As I wrote I would be great to find such an already done "Check-List".

My intention is to use part of the "VDA 6.3 Process Audit" Check-List whose initial questions focus on
"Product Development Planning",
"Product Development Design",
"Process Development Planning" and
"Realizing Process Development"

of course with the due customization.
What do you think about my intention?
Thanks for the reply you would give.

Ciao

bobtick
:):bigwave:

Top Bottom