Which ASQ Certifications to Seek - Seeking opinion on certifications from ASQ

C

class08820

Guys,

I have question I have 12 to 13 years experince in QA field experience in manufacturing which include compliance also I don't have any certification form ASQ I was thinking to get certified from ASQ but I am not sure which is the best certification match to my future career I have reviewd course description for CQA and I am kind of impressed but I still need expert opinion if I have missed any good other course

:(

D

Duke Okes

Re: Seeking opinion on certification from ASQ

ASQ has lots of certifications. We'd need to know more about your background (what type of QA activities, degrees) and what you'd like to do in the future. Also, are you looking for the certification as a validation of current knowledge or to move you forward by expanding your repertoire?

D

domingue

I am not sure which is the best certification match to my future career

What is said future career? That's an important piece of information.

The ones I see in job descriptions most of the time are CQA and CQE. CMQ/OE is less frequent, but it does pop up from time to time.

I don't think any of them would hurt you, so it's sort of up to you to decide what it is you want to learn about and where you want it to take you.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

Duke has asked some important questions.

I would also like to know if you are stronger at talking with people (good for auditing), or doing math related subjects (good for quality engineering).

Your background is important, as there are many specialty branches in manufacturing. What sort of manufacturing have you been working in? Medical devices? Automotive? Aerospace? Do you have experience in calibration? Opportunities vary in each according to the region you are in.

If you contact your local ASQ chapter, you can go to some meetings and talk with people in the various specialties and disciplines.

If one's experience is not in formal QA (as in workig in quality management systems) as a starting point I usually advise CQIA (Certified Quality Improvement Associate). I found CQA much easier than CQE.

C

class08820

Duke has asked some important questions.

I would also like to know if you are stronger at talking with people (good for auditing), or doing math related subjects (good for quality engineering).

Your background is important, as there are many specialty branches in manufacturing. What sort of manufacturing have you been working in? Medical devices? Automotive? Aerospace? Do you have experience in calibration? Opportunities vary in each according to the region you are in.

If you contact your local ASQ chapter, you can go to some meetings and talk with people in the various specialties and disciplines.

If one's experience is not in formal QA (as in workig in quality management systems) as a starting point I usually advise CQIA (Certified Quality Improvement Associate). I found CQA much easier than CQE.

I have worked as QA inspector position such as giving clearance of line sampling of raw material reviewing batch record and I got opprtunity working with part of 11 compliance software and I had monitoring change control, A nnual product Review complaint and investigation and so far I have conducted GMP training so I am not sure which is the best fits to my carrer

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

What is said future career? That's an important piece of information.

The ones I see in job descriptions most of the time are CQA and CQE. CMQ/OE is less frequent, but it does pop up from time to time.

I don't think any of them would hurt you, so it's sort of up to you to decide what it is you want to learn about and where you want it to take you.
I think the reason we see more frequent ads for CQA and CQE is simply because there are more openings for them than for quality managers. Also, it is probably a quality manager looking for one of the CQA and CQE certificate holders because they are more familiar with the designations, whereas the folks hiring quality managers seldom have a good handle on what the certifications actually entail.

C

class08820

I just need to find out once you are certified from ASQ Do you get any certification from ASQ I was just wondering

Thanks in advance

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I just need to find out once you are certified from ASQ Do you get any certification from ASQ I was just wondering

Thanks in advance

You get a certificate, if that's what you mean.
Yep. A nice piece of paper suitable for framing.

It is important to note:
Once earned, the certificate must be renewed periodically. The ASQ website details several routes to accomplish this, ranging from "recertification units" to paying for and retaking the then-current exam, together with documented evidence of any experience or projects required (like for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.)

C

class08820

Yep. A nice piece of paper suitable for framing.

It is important to note:
Once earned, the certificate must be renewed periodically. The ASQ website details several routes to accomplish this, ranging from "recertification units" to paying for and retaking the then-current exam, together with documented evidence of any experience or projects required (like for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.)

i would like to have with copy of that

Top Bottom