Ford is requesting a Phased PPAP - What is a Phased PPAP?

P

patricio10

Dear All,

our costumer Ford is requesting "face" or "phase" PPAP :confused: ? What does it mean ? I could not find it in the new PPAP edition.

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Our customer Ford is requesting a "face" or "phase" PPAP? What does it mean?

I am just looking at this as it has been on my task list for nearly 2 years. I have not had the time to review it fully and have not had to implement it yet, but here is a useful web address direct from Ford as part of the roll out of this requirement:

REMOVED WEB ADDRESS AS IT IS NO LONGER VALID SORRY!

My advice is ask your customer and perhaps have a look around Covisnt applications.

B

bigkevin

Re: Our customer Ford is requesting a "face" or "phase" PPAP? What does it mean?

Yes, this should be one of the 4 Phases.

Phase 0 - Run-at-rate
Phase 1 - Quality Verification
Phase 2 - Production Verification
Phase 3 - Capacity Verification

Best regards,
Kevin

S

Szacinski

Yes, this should be one of the 4 Phases.

Phase 0 - Run-at-rate
Phase 1 - Quality Verification
Phase 2 - Production Verification
Phase 3 - Capacity Verification

Best regards,
Kevin

You are only obligated to report Phase 1,2 and 3 thru the PPAP form.

Phase 0 is reported thru the capacity verification.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Dear All,

our costumer Ford is requesting "face" or "phase" PPAP :confused: ? What does it mean ? I could not find it in the new PPAP edition.
The best thing to do is to ask your STA for all the supporting material and work with him.

B

bigkevin

Hello,
As we have the new PSW, is there a new Phased PPAP revision?
According STA there is one. Can anyone please post the changes from old to new revision? Would be a great help.

Thanks very much in advance,
Kevin :thanx:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Hello,
As we have the new PSW, is there a new Phased PPAP revision?
According STA there is one. Can anyone please post the changes from old to new revision? Would be a great help.

Thanks very much in advance,
Kevin :thanx:

Why do they, Ford, expect us to do the work for them. They have changed can they not have the decency to tell us!!!!!
Kevin , if I knew I would tell you but did the STA not have a list?????

M

Michaelkoh

PPAP production part approval process. Started with Ford, GM, Chrysler. The one that I gone through have 20 sections. And it is only right that the requestors give a training on this.

It is a long/tedious process.

S

Szacinski

The differance between Phased PPAP document versions:
The new one has more options to tick:
Added:
Interim approval (Non-PPAP)
Material reporting is now added with tracking number. (IMDS or other)
And you can now add your own tracking number.

All are good changes!:applause:

Top Bottom