AS9100 Purchase Order Tracking Requirements

S

Shredder

We just had a "Stage 1, doc review" audit for AS9100 and the auditor mentioned that our PO tracking "mechanism" will be reviewed. We have addressed all of the communication flow down in other processes and I feel confident we have met the requirements in 7.4 but I have a new concern.

We manually (as in handwritten) create our PO numbers. Even though there is a sequence to the numbers, there is nothing electronically logged, nor is there any assurance that a number won't be duplicated. Since it's been done this way for 20 years, of course the accounting team is reluctant to change the approach...

I am worried this might trigger a "red-flag" in the auditor's opinion when we go through the AS9100 audit. Anyone have any feedback on a similar situation?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9100 and Purchase Order Tracking

Has there ever been a duplicate number? If there was, did it create any problems? What would be the consequence if there was a duplicate number?

If a duplicate number has never occurred, or if it did and there was no resulting problem, then I don't see a nonconformity. At most the auditor could write an "opportunity for improvement."

If it has occurred, and there were problems, then it should be addressed through corrective action.

Top Bottom