Looking for some Quality Catch Phrases - First Piece and Last Piece Displays

K

kdelorme

I am working on a project that will be adapted throughout our location whereby the first piece inspected is displayed and used as a visual aid and become the last piece packed out. No big deal there but I also need a catchy phrase that I can use for the title of the display. I was thinking something like "The Pulse of Quality" but it just isn't right. Does anyone have any sayings that would take the idea of first piece inspection and make it more like a quality initiative?

Thanks!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Looking for some quality catch phrases..

I am working on a project that will be adapted throughout our location whereby the first piece inspected is displayed and used as a visual aid and become the last piece packed out. No big deal there but I also need a catchy phrase that I can use for the title of the display. I was thinking something like "The Pulse of Quality" but it just isn't right. Does anyone have any sayings that would take the idea of first piece inspection and make it more like a quality initiative?

Thanks!

How about using Deming's third point:
Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need for inspection on a mass basis by building quality into the product in the first place.

C

Craig H.

Yes Jim, we are supposed to eliminate DEPENDENCE on inspection, not dependence on INSPECTION. I think what Kimberly is looking for here is more a "catchy name" than a "catchy phrase", or, as in another Deming point, a slogan.

Maybe "First Piece = Middle Pieces = Last Piece".

Just MHO.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

Thanks!

Check this thread out: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=17526

Randy said:
How about "Quality is Job 1"?

Randy, Randy, oh Randy :nopity: :biglaugh:

Last edited:
K

kdelorme

We supply to BMW and I am not sure if a Ford slogan would work but I am pondering the thought....

Thanks!

K

kdelorme

Yes, a slogan that emcompasses quality is what I am looking for. I want to get across the idea that quality starts here. Hmmmmm. That may be a good one. "Quality Starts Here". Maybe....

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Yes, a slogan that emcompasses quality is what I am looking for. I want to get across the idea that quality starts here. Hmmmmm. That may be a good one. "Quality Starts Here". Maybe....

Check out the thread I gave you in my post. There was another question or similar to this subject.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Yes Jim, we are supposed to eliminate DEPENDENCE on inspection, not dependence on INSPECTION. I think what Kimberly is looking for here is more a "catchy name" than a "catchy phrase", or, as in another Deming point, a slogan.

Maybe "First Piece = Middle Pieces = Last Piece".

Just MHO.

I understand. I just have a little alarm that goes off when people have to put up signs with catchy phrases in order to remind their coworkers that they're supposed to be making products in accordance with the requirements. Seems like a fundamental point is being missed, and if people really do need to be reminded, the sign isn't likely to have much impact.

CarolX

Maybe you just hit the nail on the head! One component of producing good product is have good set-ups. You can put all the checks and balances and inspection points in the line - but with a poor set-up, you will always have issues.

Top Bottom