Minor NC for Not Having Management Review When Scheduled

S

steve hussain

i have a question. i was given a minor nonconformity because "8.5.2(b) Cause was not determined for the lack of Management Review following the 2nd crop of 2011 as required by the PA and MR procedure (Rev. 6, April 20, 2012)".
our procedure state that management review must be held at least two times per year (after each crop).
it did say when after the crop it can be held. we actual keep it after he second crop.
kindly advise me here

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I've moved your post to a new thread in a more appropriate forum. :bigwave:

If I understand you correctly, your internal requirements say that you will do MR twice each year, once after each of two crops. The auditor says that there was no MR following the second crop of 2011, but you are saying that it was done after the second crop, but perhaps not when the auditor expected it would be done. Is this correct?

If it is, and you have a record that shows that MR was done after the second crop, per your requirements, did you show it to the auditor?
If I have it wrong, please clarify.

S

steve hussain

I accepted the NCR BUT the wording in our QMS got me confused because it never stated when exactly after the end of a crop. could it be mid part in the next crop etc.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I accepted the NCR BUT the wording in our QMS got me confused because it never stated when exactly after the end of a crop. could it be mid part in the next crop etc.

Did you show the auditor evidence of management review being done after the second crop?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
our procedure state that management review must be held at least two times per year (after each crop).
1. Do you have two crops each year ?
I guess you have.
Your procedure by its intent tells you to have a review within reasonable time after each crop. The purpose perhaps is to take decisions and plan actions well before the next crop, such that each crop is better and learning from previously crop is captured and faults corrected well in time.
By not doing so as evident in the minor NC finding, which also perhaps violates your own said procedure, you are exposed.

S

steve hussain

yes. i show him a minute with the relevant documents onle that this meeting was done for both the first and second crop.

S

steve hussain

thanks. that is why i accepted the NCR because the effectiveness of conducting the review at such a time was not in the best interest of the QMS

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
yes. i show him a minute with the relevant documents onle that this meeting was done for both the first and second crop.
Please tell me whether the statements below are true or false:
  1. Your internal requirements say that MR must be done twice per year, once after each of two crops.
  2. In 2011, you had a single MR that covered both crops.

S

steve hussain

2.1 the procedure state:7.2 The Quality Council will review GUYSUCO’s quality management system, at a minimum of twice per year (after each crop), to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. we had one MR in June 2012 to cover for 2011 first crop and 2012 second crop. we conducted two reviews in 2011. the problem is we can still keep a review in 2012 to have two reviews in this year.
the

i

Top Bottom