Where can I find pass rate information for ASQ exams?

Q

qualitytrec

Hi all,
I am trying to find the current pass rates for the ASQ exams but I am not having any luck. Can someone please give me a link to a site that has the pass rates?

Thanks,
Mark

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Where can I find pass rate information fo ASQ exams?

Hi all,
I am trying to find the current pass rates for the ASQ exams but I am not having any luck. Can someone please give me a link to a site that has the pass rates?

Thanks,
Mark

Have you tried the ASQ for the rate results?

B

Boscoeee

Hi all,

Thanks,
Mark

I do not believe that they publish a pass rate.

What exam are your interested in?

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

The ASQ exam grading process is available at http://www.asq.org/certification/faq/exam-grading-process.html

Looking at the ASQ discussion boards, there appear to be several discussions where pass rates are posted, and it appears that Mary Martin is the ASQ staff person who tracks those statistics. You may want to review the ASQ boards and/or call Mary Martin at ASQ.

D

David DeLong

The ASQ CQE pass level is (or at least was) the top quartile of the results documented on the day of the exam was written. Sometimes one could fail with a 72 while another time, one could pass with a 68.

Better hope that there are a lot of people writing the exam with you that aren't too bright.

Take the refresher course through your local ASQ if you can.

Q

qualitytrec

All,
I understand the cut rate and how ASQ determines if a test is passed.
What I am wondering is how many people pass each exam offered by ASQ(preferably first time data). I have not been able to find anything on ASQ in relation to this as of yet but have found an article that said it took its data from our very own cove. Does anyone know where that data came from? I also found an article by our very own Govind that had pass rates listed but I am wondering the source of that data as well. I think I will contact ASQ's Mary Martin as you suggest thanks. Someone told me that the pass rate for the CQE on the last exam cycle was ~30%. Since this is the exam I am preparing for I am trying to verify if it is accurate.

Mark

B

Boscoeee

All,
I understand the cut rate and how ASQ determines if a test is passed.
What I am wondering is how many people pass each exam offered by ASQ(preferably first time data). I have not been able to find anything on ASQ in relation to this as of yet but have found an article that said it took its data from our very own cove. Does anyone know where that data came from? I also found an article by our very own Govind that had pass rates listed but I am wondering the source of that data as well. I think I will contact ASQ's Mary Martin as you suggest thanks. Someone told me that the pass rate for the CQE on the last exam cycle was ~30%. Since this is the exam I am preparing for I am trying to verify if it is accurate.

Mark

I do not believe the pass rate would be that low. I took the last CQE Exam and passed my first try. I would expect the pass rate to be much higher based on my experience. Oh, I do not mean it was easy, I just know there are many folks out there that are much brighter than I am when it comes to Quality Engineering Principles and their application.

Good luck on your exam!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

The pass rate doesn't really matter, as long as you're on the passing side of the equation... ;)

As our local section's examining chair I used to get section pass rate information. It's been quite a while since I've received it though.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

Mark,
Pass Rates are not published by ASQ publicly.

The article you are referring is a presentation/article that I did for ASQ Silicon Valley this February.The article has pass rates for all 14 certifications since the last BOK change. If the BOK change has been recent, I have either taken the entire data or from the prior BOK Change. I have eliminated all the special administrations since it skews the data. The pass rate is for all 4 public sitting conducted annually worldwide. The data is from ASQ Certifications. I requested for writing that article.

The article you see in Silicon Valley ASQ site has been revised with additional contents and sent for publication. This is the reason; I did not upload the article in Elsmar yet. The data/graph in that article is correct.

Regards,
Govind.

Top Bottom