Does your finance department need QMS documentation?

• Thread starter Polly Pure Bread
  • Start date
P

Polly Pure Bread

Dear Friends,

Our Finance department has no QMS documents part of our quality manual except for quality objectives. Is that enough to meet ISO 9001?

Addition of "measurement" as one of the required activities to be determined during the planning of product realization.
7.1 Planning of Product Realization

In planning product realization, the organization shall determine the following, as appropriate:
b) the need to establish processes, and documents, and to provide resources specific to the product;

Additional documentation makes them sick. But in fairness Finance department follows regulations e.g. BIR, etc. Most of their processes are not documented. There are documented procedures but not part of our Quality Manual for confidentiality as they said. They take care of their own resources e.g. financial computerized system, etc. and they maintain their own records.

Does Finance department need to develop a Quality Plan to meet ISO 9001?

Thank your for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polly Pure Bread

I know that can't always guarantee a timely response to all queries, depending as it does on somebody with the required experience or expertise being available to make contributions. But since my query has not received any replies, I am posting a reply to bump this up. I tried to edit my post but it didn’t bump up.

I understand that this is a free and voluntary community forum and I'd like to clarify that i don’t demand responses. I just don’t know the way to bump this message up.

my apology

S

sixsigmais

Our Finance department has no QMS documents part of our quality manual except for quality objectives. Is that enough to meet ISO 9001?
The anwer is yes. Finance department no related to product realization for manufacturing company.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Hi, dQApprentice,

We do include Finance department documents in our QMS. Finance is very important to assure the proper provision of resources (as per 6.1 of ISO 9001), and to measure many of the KPIs by which we make our decisions.

An interesting thread on this subject is here: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=34275

Good Luck!
Pancho

P

Polly Pure Bread

If you are the auditor and finance has no quality plan, will you tagged them NC? Why?

S

Sorin

If you are the auditor and finance has no quality plan, will you tagged them NC? Why?

It depends what activities are part of your Finance department...

Examples:

1.Supplier NC - is the Fin. dept. involved in any way in the process?

2.Customer Complaints - is the Fin. dept. involved in any way in the process?

S

somerqc

I approach it like Sorin. They are included in the process where they can have an impact on us meeting customer requirements. In my case this includes,

Accounts Payable (makes it hard to buy the raw materials on time if you don't pay your bills!)

Customer Complaints (often includes some sort of financial compensation that needs approval)

Product issues (vendor related credits and debits)

Other than that I don't include them.

P

Polly Pure Bread

Accounts Payable (makes it hard to buy the raw materials on time if you don't pay your bills!)

Customer Complaints (often includes some sort of financial compensation that needs approval)

Product issues (vendor related credits and debits)

Other than that I don't include them.

We have an SLA. Can we use SLA instead of Quality Plan? It’s an agreement between our organization and our customer. It describes our service, documents service level targets, and specifies the organization and customer’s responsibilities – who will do what and when.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

somerqc

It would depend on what is written in the SLA.

Some are very general and don't really say much except assign overall responsibility to either party in the SLA. If this is yours, you may need to have a procedure that outlines internal responsibilities (i.e name positions).

If it is more detailed (like we have with one of our clients), it would likely suffice (but make sure you audit to the requirements of that SLA then!). Are people trained on their responsibilities related to the SLA? Do they have the documents necessary? Do they have an awareness of the process (i.e. who gives stuff to them and who do they give it to?).

Top Bottom