April Fool 2005 - Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt for next month. Tell us what works and what doesn't.

C

C Emmons

Wes Bucey said:
Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt for next month. Tell us what works and what doesn't.

My son got me last year with his instant messaging. He suspected I was nosing around his instant messages, over his shoulder, pretending to be him when he was out of the room to see what he and his friends were talking about (I know I know) Anyway, he had his laptop (wireless, upstairs and our main computer is in the kitchen. He set up a new account, pretended to be a girl telling him she really needed to talk to him that they had to make a decision about the baby....needless to say...I could not talk, about passed out until I got to the last line that said...Hey Mom, gotcha, its me upstairs, please quit reading my mail!!) April fool it was!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
C Emmons said:
My son got me last year with his instant messaging. He suspected I was nosing around his instant messages, over his shoulder, pretending to be him when he was out of the room to see what he and his friends were talking about (I know I know) Anyway, he had his laptop (wireless, upstairs and our main computer is in the kitchen. He set up a new account, pretended to be a girl telling him she really needed to talk to him that they had to make a decision about the baby....needless to say...I could not talk, about passed out until I got to the last line that said...Hey Mom, gotcha, its me upstairs, please quit reading my mail!!) April fool it was!

Wow! You wuz gotten good! :mg: %$## kids these days! :lmao:

I

IEGeek - 2006

I always liked putting a rubber band around the sprayer hose handle on the kitchen sink. I used to get my mother every year. She always thought the sink had sprung a leak. Funny but dangerous....

OR

My old plant manager got us all one year, by bringing us into the conference room and telling us that our division was sold to a foreign investment group that had decided to sell off the assets, then picked up his briefcase and left the building. We all sat there shocked until someone realized he was going on vacation that day.

OR

Use Jello or another generic gelatin product and place in someone's toilet late at night (you need to give the gelatin some time to harden). Or you could put this in a public toilet somewhere also. Lemon gelatin works well as does clear gelatin.
Once the gelatin hardens, the person who does the poopin will be surprised when they find their tootsie rolls sitting on top a solid but jiggly mass inside the toilet.
This is a good gag because no harm is done to anyone's property since the gelatin needs only to be broken up in order to flush.

OR

This is an easy trick to pull off but it requires some patience. Place confetti (not Minute Rice as birds will eat this and blow up) into someone's umbrella and then close it and wait for the next rain.
This joke, when pulled off, is harmless yet it yields the element of surprise. No animals were harmed during testing of this prank.

OR

Having an off-beat sense of humor I had a small rubber duck hidden away in my desk. When everyone left I took the water jug off the water cooler and squeezed my small rubber duck inside. I then replaced the jug on the cooler and that duck was floating proudly. The next morning I made it a point to come in a little late and was happy to find a small crowd around the cooler theorizing who the culprit could have been.

Unfortunately, these are not all mine, but great none the less

C

Craig H.

IEGeek said:
I always liked putting a rubber band around the sprayer hose handle on the kitchen sink. I used to get my mother every year. She always thought the sink had sprung a leak. Funny but dangerous....

One of my favorites. Try clear tape instead of the rubber band - it is harder to see. Of course, it is easier to leave fingerprints....

IE, some of the others were just plain devious.

:lol:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
We have a department manager who is very particular about all framed objects being straight. During some pre-joke testing, we've set a few objects in our areas on angles - some more obvious than others. Our plan is to do an impromptu 5S audit of his entire department and leave the cryptic statement "Framed picture on angle" - we predict he'll wander around all day trying to find it...or straightening all of them.

C

Craig H.

How about changing the character set in use on someone's computer?

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
One of the girls up front is the owner's daughter. She and I are going to come in with press-on earings (generously donated by my daughter) on our noses to make it look like we got our noses pierced.

This idea stems from a recent visitor here that had a pierced nose and the owner's reaction. It's not really one for the books - but if you knew our VERY conservative owner (and if you knew his not-so-conservative daughter - and not-so-conservative me) you'd know how funny it will be.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
In my memory, great April Fool gags fall into two categories:
  1. one perpetrator (or a small conspiracy) set up a joke on many
  2. everybody is in on the joke (except the victim, who has to be relatively powerful, not a nebbish, because then it's just cruel) Cari's gag is in this category of powerful victim.
One-on-one practical jokes don't have the "stuff" to become great. An audience is necessary - the bigger the better. In my opinion, if the big audience and the victim pool are identical, so much the better.

Top Bottom