How to apply ISO 9001-2008 in Banks

T

thanhx46

Dear sir
Could you introduce me apply ISO 9001-2008 in banks please?
Thanks

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome to the Cove.

Read the following thread. It is 19 pages long and the answers to your question can be found therein (irrespective of industry, the method is the same). You'll walk away 'enriched'. :magic:

Where to Start to Implement ISO 9001?

Last edited:
J

JaneB

Dear sir
Thanks

Applying the Standard 'in banks' isn't any different from applying it in any other organisation you can think of or name, from a manufacturer to a school, from a consultancy to an IT software developer, from a logistics company to a distributor to an architectural company to a builder. Or a hospital, nursing agency, rehabilitation services provider, insurance company, and so on.

It's a generic Standard - meaning, it's requirements are generic, not specific. You'll have to put in some time learning what it says, what it means, and then thinking carefully about how what it says applies in your particular field and in your particular organisation. And yes, the thread mentioned is one place to start.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Dear sir
Thanks
What is your policy on which the bank operates to satisfy the customer ...?
What are your products and its processes ...
savings account, current account, loans, credit cards, ... and what are its processes.
Who are your customers ...
Individuals, institutions, other banks, industries .....
How do you plan a new financial product ....
Inputs, outputs, reviews, product plans, target customers, communication...etc.
How do you work ....
Forms, process times, records, maintenance, training of your employees, Cash handling....and more
If a customer complains ....
How will he do, what will you do, how do you get back, any feedback method adopted.....etc
How do you measure performance ...... Can you fix objective ...?
Processing of an enquiry, time for delivery, processing of an application ....and more
How do you take corrective action .....
When you find internal nonconformances, customer complains, methods for same, resolution, effectivness monitoring ....etc.
What do you do to maintain your infrastructure and equipments that helps you to perform and avoid waiting, downtime, ...etc.
A mechanism to audit all these periodically
A bank management review mechanism about the bank performance about the above....

Done >>>>

J

JJ777

The very first thing I would do is to attend an ISO9001:2008 course to get yourself familiarized with the standard and then start of with your project.

T

thanhx46

Do you have any sample form involve modyfine products? Please send me thank and best regards?

Q

qdelta9

Hello,
I'm being scouted by banks that are looking for people that have high tech/medical device auditing and risk assessment experience.

Is the banking industry following any ISO standard? If not, how would a risk be identified and monitored if there isn't a FMEA?

It seems the banks are 'just winging it'...please tell me I'm wrong -

Signed - a bit nervous about jumping on board with the darkside!...
Kim

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,
I'm being scouted by banks that are looking for people that have high tech/medical device auditing and risk assessment experience.
Firstly congratulations for being 'scouted' - it's always good to be in demand. It is interesting the areas mentioned in the early conversations are high tech and medical devices, two very different sectors IMHO but I guess the second part of the sentence summarizes it - risk assessment. The financial sector has been involved in risk management for many years now and have spent a lot of time and effort on 'systems' as well. That they are looking at you and your background sounds to be a good thing - an independent view but based on good quality principles (I presume! :bigwave:).

Is the banking industry following any ISO standard? If not, how would a risk be identified and monitored if there isn't a FMEA?
I'll leave this to others directly involved. I'm not aware of any specific ISO standard and, although it would be useful background information to demonstrate awareness at interview, wouldn't stress too much on it. If they have come for you then I would emphasize the world that you know rather than 'theirs' - again it helps that you can give examples of your quality knowledge applied to banking.

FMEA is a classic case in point. The principles carry over to all activities including banking. Each banking transaction carries risk and a Process FMEA can be used to develop new or existing controls to manage risks.

It seems the banks are 'just winging it'...please tell me I'm wrong -

Signed - a bit nervous about jumping on board with the darkside!...
Kim
Any new venture is bound to bring nervousness - there is always the risk of the unknown but it sounds as if you are at an early stage so you have plenty of chance to explore whether the fit is right and decide whether what you are offering is what they need - and vice versa!

Good luck. :applause:

Top Bottom