FDA Medical Device Audit Checklist.

T

TJG954 - 2009

Hi,

I found a great Audit Checklist on this site. At 44 pages, it is very inclusive. My problem is we're preparing for an FDA medical device audit and the checklist I found is geared toward ISO. :confused:

Does anyone have an FDA checklist I could use as a guide? Thanks in advance. :thanx:

Ted

T

TJG954 - 2009

Re: Quality System Audit Checklist

Thanks, I was reading it as you replied.

I was hoping for an actual checklist......

The ISO list was all laid out with reference codes, suggested questions, tips, and really good stuff.

It looks like I'll actually have to work.

Thanks again. Ted

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks, I was reading it as you replied.

I was hoping for an actual checklist......

The ISO list was all laid out with reference codes, suggested questions, tips, and really good stuff.

It looks like I'll actually have to work.

Thanks again. Ted

I was thinking that maybe sheets 2-6 in the link (scroll down a little ways) would be more like what you were looking for, even though they are not in a regular "form" format, they did have sections referenced, suggested questions, "yes/no" columns, etc..

There may be an actual checklist in the Post Attachments List or the More Free Files link at the top of this page...

You're welcome. :)

T

Ted Schmitt

Sorry, but I can´t hold myself to ask why the "Captain Underpants" ?

Ted (the other Ted) sorry for the plagiarism Dave :notme:

T

TJG954 - 2009

Come on..... it's so obvious!

:yes: Tighty-whities

:biglaugh: Red Cape

:rolleyes: Bald head

Who better represents the world of Quality Assurance than Captain Underpants?

That's how I picture the Auditors when they come in. :lol:

T

Ted Schmitt

Come on..... it's so obvious!

:yes: Tighty-whities

:biglaugh: Red Cape

:rolleyes: Bald head

Who better represents the world of Quality Assurance than Captain Underpants?

That's how I picture the Auditors when they come in. :lol:

:lmao: Got it !

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator

Hi,

I found a great Audit Checklist on this site. At 44 pages, it is very inclusive. My problem is we're preparing for an FDA medical device audit and the checklist I found is geared toward ISO. :confused:

Does anyone have an FDA checklist I could use as a guide? Thanks in advance. :thanx:

Ted
Use the QSIT document. There are flow charts in it that you can use. Follow this thread for it as well as a checklist.

T

TJG954 - 2009

Exactly! Thank you very much. :bigwave:

Weiner Dog

Med Device Consultant

Hi. I worked as an FDA investigator (Level II Certified International Medical Device Investigator) for over 21 years- primarily in the medical device arena. Currently, I am a contract international medical device consultant for hire.

There are many areas where you are able to obtain quality system audit checklists. One is contained in FDA's QSR manual- (part of the audit chapter of the QSR manual contained in the website http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/comp/gmp.html). Others can be obtained for a small fee from a search at amazon.com or ebay.

However, I caution using these "canned" checklists. First, you have to amend them to your system. For example, if the device is one which does not require servicing, and your audit checklist states to audit 21 CFR 820.200 (servicing), then your audit is partially incomplete (because you are not following your approved procedure- i.e. your checklist) + your audit procedure (i.e. your checklist) is inaccurate (because you do not have to conduct any servicing operations).

Second, the use of checklists really limits the audit ability. They can be used as ticklers/guides, but not as sole audit tools because they will cause you may miss items that FDA may catch. If these items are repeats (especially major repeats) noted during the prior FDA inspection, then FDA will add another deviation to the list- an ineffective audit.

Top Bottom