Statutory and regulatory requirements (7.2.1c)

V

virajs

Dear friends

Grateful if you could advise me on whether technical department (such as Life Assurance dept) should be responsible to maintain an awareness of all regulations that pertained to its department or should it be the responsibility of the Legal department to maintain and keep track of regulations that pertained to that particular technical dept.

Thanking you in advance for your usual coorperation.

Regards

Viraj​

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Dear friends

Grateful if you could advise me on whether technical department (such as Life Assurance dept) should be responsible to maintain an awareness of all regulations that pertained to its department or should it be the responsibility of the Legal department to maintain and keep track of regulations that pertained to that particular technical dept.

Thanking you in advance for your usual coorperation.

Regards

Viraj​

Viraj,

Either department/process is fine. As long as it's been taken care of, it does not matter.

Stijloor.

M

MIREGMGR

As Stijloor notes, per the requirements it shouldn't matter.

Our operations are imperfect, so we weigh non-requirements-based considerations and assign responsibility according to (1) who has the resources (expertise plus availability) to handle it best, and (2) who we're most comfortable assigning it to, considering its importance.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
My vote:

Statutory and regulatory requirements (7.2.1c) = Legal Department

Now, some folks do not have a legal department, but that leaves whomever they put in charge of those issues in a vary serious position of responsibility - whether or not they have authority or resources to perform the task. For example, do you know what the legal implications of signing a RoHS certification is? That's what I thought...:cool:

Top Bottom