Training Evaluation Form - Evaluator feel difficulty to fill this form

S

Sushil Kumar

;) Can anyone provide me training evaluation form. We have a form but evaluator feel difficulty to fill this form. so it could no implement effectively. I want a simple form which could be filled easily by any evaluator.

Attachments

• TRAINING_EVALUATION_FORM[1].pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,390
Last edited by a moderator:
A

Al Dyer

Sushi,

Was there a specific section of the form that the evaluator had a problem with? The form seems very straightforward. Also, what is the role of the evaluator? Internal? External? Third party compliance?

Al...

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I agree with Al. The form seems to be very simple and straightforward.

I have the same question (s): What is the problem with the form? Doesn't the trainer want to be specific, but not to specific? It appears that the form should take approx 30 minutes to complete.

Coury Ferguson
Program/Contracts Manager

J

JWenmeekers

The form seems very straightforward...for us.

I found that some people find it difficult to fill in things like "Present Level" and "Target Level".

Maybe a 'valuelist' with items to choose from could help....¿¿??

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I have some questions.

Does the person filling out the form know the trainee's "deficiencies" enough to enter that data accurately, completely and appropriately? Is the person filling out this form the same one who assessed the employee's pre-training performance? If not, where is the data coming from?

Who is filling out this form? Do the people filling out the form understand how to assess performance within the strict scope of the training? That is, ensuring the results are truly due to training and not practice or another reason for changes in performance and only assessing the performance that the training addressed.

Assessing human performance is not as simple as noting if a machine is running correctly because people don't have gauges; our performance naturally varies and is influenced by many things. Thus, assessing training effectiveness is a tricky matter and requires training in itself.

Performance metrics or descriptions must be thoughtfully developed and well communicated.

Objective methods of recording progress and satisfaction against the established performance standards must be consistently used.

The process should be revisited from time to time lest the training assessors begin to expect different things than originally planned.

I hope this helps!

S

Sushil Kumar

You are right sir,
Evaluator feels difficulty to fill this data. Most of the people like to fill the form with attributes i.e. yes or no or poor, good, excellent etc.
I accept that data basis evaluation is much better than attributes. But when I could not receive feedback then I started to think about attributes evaluation.

V

Valeri

Sushil,

I have attached the evaluation form we use for all of our classes. Use what you want of it and leave the rest behind.:)

Attachments

• Course Evaluation Form.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 669
S

Sushil Kumar

Thanks Mr. Valeri for "course evaluation form". I will modify my existing form accordingly. But this is immediate feedback of a training program while I want a form in which we could assess the effectiveness / benefitss grasp from training at a defined frequency i.e 3 months, 6 months etc.

V

Valeri

Sushil - our training effectiveness is handled 1 of 2 ways. If the employee is a new/temporary, we have an evaluation of them at 30, 60 and 90 days. Permanent employees are evaluated on an annual basis, with an evaluation of "carry-over skills" from training at 90 days.

Not to embarass you (or me for that matter) but I am a Ms.:biglaugh:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Sushil Kumar said:
;) Can anyone provide me training evaluation form. We have a form but evaluator feel difficulty to fill this form. so it could no implement effectively. I want a simple form which could be filled easily by any evaluator.

I'm going to disagree a bit with a few of the other responses; I think the form might be anything but straightforward. It seems it might be another case of asking people to quantify the unquantifiable, or to relate quantification to dubious cause/effect relationships. Are there instructions for the form? Have the people who are expected to use it been trained, and are the sources of data readily available and unambiguous? I have a feeling that the reason that evaluators are having trouble is that there's no defined process associated with the form.

Training evaluation is a sticky subject, and it's not often easy to accomplish objectively. In some cases, the need for training is self-evident (e.g., a newly hired employee operating a machine for the first time) and in those cases it's often fairly easy to see if the training worked or not. In other cases (such as statistics training for experienced employees) the evaluation might not be so simple. It might be possible to devise a test to see whether the employee has absorbed basic facts, but whether the employee can apply what's been learned is a different story. Some will, and some won't, but it's something that needs to be dealt with when it's recognized, not 30 or 60 or 90 days later on a form that asks the evaluator to know the unknowable.

I guess you need to start by asking what the goal is and then determining whether or not quantifiable objective evidence is actually available. If it is, you can train the evaluators on how to find it and use it, and the format for a form should be simple to devise. If it's not, then you need to rethink your evaluation process, and find out if you're doing evaluation because some standard says you have to, or because the information to be gained is valuable to your organization.

Top Bottom