FPDS now GPDS - How does GPDS align with the 23 elements of APQP

John B.

Registered Visitor
Does anyone know how GPDS aligns with the 23 elements of APQP? I cannot find any info on FSN.

Thanks for your time,
John

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the cove
As far as I see the FPDS is part of the new phased PPAP system
See the attachment for some more description. This is all I know

Attachments

• PhasedPPAPmilestones.pdf
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,547

John B.

Registered Visitor
Thank you Howard.

Since Ford has combined the FPDS, VPDS & MPDS into the GPDS their logic has changed. Now the timing template is split into two categories, Powertrain and Vehicle. Not too mention that alot of the milestones have different names. The new timelines still have the basic five phases of APQP, but everything matches up exactly.

When will documentation be availible?

BTW. I have called our STA and she is still trying to get up too speed on GPDS as well.

Thanks,
John

S

spitubbe

Does anyone know how GPDS aligns with the 23 elements of APQP? I cannot find any info on FSN.

Thanks for your time,
John
If you go to the following link, there is an online training class to give you more information about GPDS. You must have access to covisint to get to this site.

https://web.fsli.ford.com/secure/index.cgi

If you can't use the link: go to Covisint.com - log in using the automotive log in option - choose the Ford portal - under applications click on Ford Supplier Learning Institute (FSLI) - Click "Enter the Institute" - click on the "Courses" tab near the top of the page - click on option 2 "Web-based solutions" - from this page, choose the GPDS training.

John B.

Registered Visitor
Thank you for the reply.

I have already taken the on line class. It is a good overview but IMHO it does not deep dive into the aligning with the 23 elements of APQP.

Thanks,
John

S

spitubbe

You are correct about that. Have you ever found a resource, other than in a classroom enviroment, that has that information? I really need to know more about it.

T

Tomasz S.

Hello everybody,

Is there someone who can share info about How fit Ford Gates into project timeline? I mean which gate respond to which phase of the project and what is the time period between each Ford gate? Is it determined by Ford? Maybe approximately? E.g. when we have one component for Ford and Ford and we established start (SI) and end (J1) of the project how we should fit every Ford Gate into this project timeline? Sorry if it is stupid but I am trying to do this without contacting STA or someone on Ford side. I know that gates are: <KO>; <SI>; <SC>; <PH>; <PA>; <ST>; <PR>; <CP>; <CC>; <HTFB>; <LR>; <1PP>; <FEU>; S>; <CB>; <J1>; <FS>. Correct me if I am wrong. I am learning.

S

SUNJUAN

There is a Schedule A form with all elements and necessary requriements and information. The template and manual has been attached.

Attachments

• GPDS.zip
    729.5 KB · Views: 597

Cloyd

Registered
I've been struggling with the latest GPDS v3.0 for almost about one year. In China, they don't share with the suppliers a lot about this system. So we don't know the whole story, and we're told to do what they tell us to do...

Top Bottom