ANSI/ISO/ASQ QE19011S-2008 - information on 2008 version?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I noticed at the ASQ website today that the 2008 version has been released. Does anyone have information about changes from the 2004 version? From the ASQ website:
Supplemental guidance for first-party audits, second-party audits, use by small organizations and OHSMS audits has been added to individual sections of this Supplement as applicable.
It looks like the major change is adding OHSMS. Anything else? I'll get a copy and look at it when I get the chance, but was hoping someone may already be "in the know."

Big Jim

Admin
I can only speculate that part of the change will be to move away from it being a guidance document for 3rd party audits. Isn't 17021 moving into that arena?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I can only speculate that part of the change will be to move away from it being a guidance document for 3rd party audits. Isn't 17021 moving into that arena?

Thanks for the feedback, but that's always been part of the intent of QE19011S - to supplement the ISO standard with guidance for audits other than 3rd party.

ISO 17021 is a document written specifically for certification bodies. I doubt that it will ever include guidance for internal or 2nd party audits.

A

amanbhai

HOw about the new version of ISO 9001 standard. Any news? will it be issued in 2008 or 2009 ? any info is appriciated. :)

Top Bottom