How many cell phones have you killed?

S

silentrunning

Yesterday I got a new cell phone. I think it is #9 since I started carrying them. One is in the Myaaka River. One is in the Gulf of Mexico. One is somewhere up by my brothers hunting lodge in Michigan. One is somewhere along I-75. One was crushed in my truck's door. You get the idea. The last one I dropped into a puddle out in the yard Monday morning after all the rain. It died instantly. Am I the only one that is this hard on phones?

Doug

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Doug - you sound like my husband - I can't tell you how many he has been thru, although he has gotten better over the last year or so.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Yesterday I got a new cell phone. I think it is #9 since I started carrying them. One is in the Myaaka River. One is in the Gulf of Mexico. One is somewhere up by my brothers hunting lodge in Michigan. One is somewhere along I-75. One was crushed in my truck's door. You get the idea. The last one I dropped into a puddle out in the yard Monday morning after all the rain. It died instantly. Am I the only one that is this hard on phones?

Doug

I just recently learned that the best way to keep a cell phone clean is not to leave it in your pants pocket and putting said pants in the washing machine. :(

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I suppose this will be the end of it, but I go around with a pet rock of a Motorola cell phone that my family has had for as long as 12 years. (!!)

JoCam

Trusted Information Resource
Of the 6 mobile phones I have owned, the first I still have but wouldn't dream of using, as it is larger than my house phone! The second an ex-boyfriend accidently dropped into a bucket of water, the third I also still have and use as a reserve and the fourth I am still using, it's been nearly 3 years now. The fifth and sixth I bought to replace my old faithful, but hated and sold on E-bay.

I am either very lucky where mobile phones are concerned, or just extremely careful.

Jo

C

Craig H.

I had the el cheapo phone that came with the account for about 2 -3 years with no problems. I found out about the Boulder (water proof, dust proof, vibration resistant, etc.) and couldn't resist. It is just a matter of time before I get caught in a rainstorm out in the woods. No problems so far. (BTW, I have no affiliation w/ Motorola).

D

db

Somewhere, I still have my old bag phone from the early 90's. I have yet to have a cell phone die of unnatural causes. Mostly, I changed service and a new phone came with it. At work, we change about once every 4 years.

I do know that I hate my new phone, and perhaps it will accompany yours along I-75, Doug. But if it does, it will strictly be by accident. That will be my story and I will stick with it.
:notme:

S

silentrunning

Dave, Try this - put your cell phone on the dash board and then take a sharp exit ramp a little too fast. It works great! :lol:

Doug

A

amanbhai

I have bought six cells phones so far.
Killed none but some of them are malfunctioned.

Top Bottom