Automate GR&R using Minitab on complex, multi-measurement assemblies

L

Lmontoya

Hi Guys,

I have some Test Systems than I need to do the GR&R study,

but the systems it's getting a lot of measurements (more than 200 different: voltage, freq, Current, Timing, etc, etc, etc).

10 boards, 3 times each, in 2 or more sockets (the most of Test equipment has more than one position, normally 2 or 3)

We are in process to development and install in production many of these test equipment.

I been working with the GR&R for one but I'm using many days to complete due the number of different measurements,

It's any way to put all data into MINITAB and get the individual GR&R report for every Measurement? now I'm filtering the data and making one by one

Thank you!
:thanks:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Yes, you can. You would have to write a Minitab macro to cycle through all of the columns of data, but it is possible. You might also consider grouping similar measurements into families. See my blog for more details.

L

Lmontoya

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply.

I never use macros into Minitab, but I can Try.

The Idea than I have is to get all data from data base (or I can paste the all data directly into minitab) (>200 steps, 10 boards, 2 sockets, tested 3 times on each socket = 12,000 data rows) and let minitab make the job to separate by step (>200 steps), get Specs from columns, and result, and make Gage R&R study (Crossed) for all steps (<200)

I'm asking here because maybe somebody did that macro on the past
:thanx:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This is part of the command for the macro:

GageRR;
Parts 'Part';
Opers 'Operator';
Response 'Measurement';
Studyvar 6;
LSL -1;
USL 1.

You would need to add a loop to change the column numbers and specs for each.

L

Lmontoya

I had the same list of commands,

But I need something to get the Specs from data (not manual), Title, etc.

I have the next sample of data (just two Step Names):

please see annexed file.

Attachments

• sample data.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 146

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Looking at your file structure, you will also have to subset your worksheet as each column can only have one measurement type. That is, 2.15 and 49225.438 must either be in separate columns or in separate worksheets.

L

Lmontoya

yes!
I just put that example, that why I need to automate and make something (macro) so Minitab can separate, get columns, specs, titles, etc., and execute individually GR&R

I can do it manually (without use macros), but I'm spending lot of time,

L

Lmontoya

I'm close to get what I need,
Now I'm trying to add Labels to graphs.

after I run this macro, I'm getting the data, specs, and others from row/columns, and getting the GageR&R graph (Crossed), now I need to add Result Labels (by Example into "Components of Variation" sub-graph (please see picture with labels already, I put that labels manually with menu: Editor>Add>Data Lables>Use y-value labels)

Still this is just for ONE step, and still need to automate for more than one step.

my actual Macro:

=====================
GMACRO
MYMACRO

#GSAVE "C:\GageRR.JPG";
#JPEG;
#WTITLE "Gage 1".
LET K90 = C7[1] # To get Low Limit
LET K91 = C8[1] # To get High Limit
LET K92 = C5[1] # To Choose "StepName" Column
LET K93 = concatenate (C7[1]," to ",C8[1]," @5.15")

GageRR;
Parts 'serial';
Opers 'Socket';
Response 'Result';
Studyvar 5.15;
LSL K90;
USL K91;
GAGE K92; #Choose "StepName" Column
DATE "JUL-28-2014";
USER "Luis Montoya";
GTOLERANCE K93.

ENDMACRO.
===============

Attachments

• Gage R&R for Result.jpg
    Gage R&R for Result.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by a moderator:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
If I understand you correctly regarding the labels, the graph pulls the labels from the column titles. You should be able to name the column whatever you want on the graph label.

Did you mean something else?

L

Lmontoya

I need to add the BAR results, not the labels, to do that manually, just need to go menu a choose the "Use y-value labels", but need to change the Alignment to 90 degrees...

how I can do that using macros?

Top Bottom