TS16949 QMS Manual - Quality Systems Manual example or template

towxg

Involved In Discussions
thank you for your sharing, but, IMO, a TS quality manual can not be as simple as that. any other examples?

R

ralphsulser

It can be that simple and be approved, and has been in the past.
Look at your TS requirement and see if the manual addresses the listed requirements. I wish I had seen it before we generated our quallity manual.
I showed a similar manual to our TS auditor and it was acceptable.

towxg

Involved In Discussions
My opinion is that the interactions between processes explained in the manual is not quite clear. It did not give a very clear view of landscape of processes.

R

ralphsulser

AndyN did state it was a "draft" for one of his clients.

Therefore you would have to put in what represents your processes, sequences, and interactions.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
ralphsulser said:
AndyN did state it was a "draft" for one of his clients.

Therefore you would have to put in what represents your processes, sequences, and interactions.

It seems that towxg is most interested in looking gift horses in the mouth, as evidenced by this post in another thread: ISO/TS16949 Awareness Training

Perhaps if he were more specific as to what he's looking for, and the standards it must meet in order for him to consider it satisfactory, someone might be able to help.

AndyN

Moved On
I understand.......

that such a 'slim' manual is a little radical for many. Giving up a 30 pager for a bi-fold is a challenge for some! But then doing things differently is always tough!
This form of manual has been acceptable in many cases, not just my clients. It covers the minimum requirements, isn't a re-formatted copy of ISO/TS and is generally more 'user-friendly' than the 'traditional' kinds of manual. No body reads those, so why not give them something they might actually not be afraid to read.

Sure the 'sequence and interaction' of the processes is not specific, I can't write that for anyone! You have a great opportunity to sit your management down and ask them to draw it up!! I bet they don't agree, so without that, the rest of the qms is unlikely to be very acceptable to them.
Andy

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
AndyN said:
that such a 'slim' manual is a little radical for many. Giving up a 30 pager for a bi-fold is a challenge for some! But then doing things differently is always tough!
This form of manual has been acceptable in many cases, not just my clients. It covers the minimum requirements, isn't a re-formatted copy of ISO/TS and is generally more 'user-friendly' than the 'traditional' kinds of manual. No body reads those, so why not give them something they might actually not be afraid to read.

Sure the 'sequence and interaction' of the processes is not specific, I can't write that for anyone! You have a great opportunity to sit your management down and ask them to draw it up!! I bet they don't agree, so without that, the rest of the qms is unlikely to be very acceptable to them.
Andy
One of the dilemmas of being a consultant is that you want to help to produce a system that is not only "right" but also logical and in the spirit of the standard.
In a number of cases the best course for your client is to be conventional and boring, this ensures that the customer gets what he wants, registration with out having to explain to 'square" auditors that their paradigms are incorrect.
Thus the 30 page regurgitation of the standard is the most convenient manner. The auditor is satisfied because you spoon feed him, the customer is happy because the auditor is happy and it usually does not bother him the philosophy of the QMS. The use of the one page Quality manual is in fact only possible where the active people can easily defend this from understanding and not cause it was instilled parrot fashion

Top Bottom