MSA on Attribute Data - Can use Different Parts with Different Cosmetic Issues?

C

carryn1

I would like to carry out an MSA on cosmetic defect detection. Can I actually use different parts (different part number) with different type of cosmetic issue when doing the analysis, or do I need to use the same part for all the 20 samples?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ram4302

I would like to carry out an MSA on cosmetic defect detection. Can I actually use different parts (different part number) with different type of cosmetic issue when doing the analysis, or do I need to use the same part for all the 20 samples?
Hi,
Your question is not clear.Minimum 50 samples required for doing attribute R&R.
The selected samples will contain all cosmetic defects.You might be knowing that by giving ref #.Please refer AIAG - MSA manual IV edition -Hypothesis test analysis.

C

carryn1

Basically i am trying to do some GR&R on QC Detection Capability . Can i basically collect various part /items from production ( good & bad ) to carry out MSA on all inspector.

R

ram4302

Yes.You can choose production samples.Follow a rule of 25% of ok samples,25% Not ok samples,25% Just ok and 25% Just not ok samples.

Providing numbers in all samples which status should not be known to appraisers.You must know and keep a record

Top Bottom