Internal Audit Plan Form / Template wanted

M

Mumus

Hi All,

I am looking for an example of "Internal Audit Plan"....audit planning for the entire year.

Thanks.

T

Ted Schmitt

Re: Seeking Internal Audit Plan FORM

What does your company do / manufacture?
What are your processes? support processes?
Did you have any NC in recent audits? (internal and external)
Any areas you feel are weak?
Any new employees in any area?
Any new equipment / machinery?
Any change in processes?

I would take into account the above before making an internal audit plan... a generic one may not be applicable to your business...

P

priyal

Might be useful to you.

Attachments

• Audit MR Plan - 2007.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 3,297
M

Mumus

Thank you all...helpfull as always.

Q

QualityPhD

You may also want to consider how audits are planned based on the status and importance of the areas being audited and previous audit results.

Here's what I have used for certain organizations. Please note this is elemental in nature and does not satisfy the "process auditing requirement". You may want to amend the ISO elements to reflect your actual processes.

Attachments

• Internal Audit Schedule - TS.xls
    25 KB · Views: 2,689

AndyN

Moved On

Just a small point but are you looking for a calendar for scheduling audits or an audit plan. If we use the terminology of ISO 19011, the calendar would be the audit program(me) and the individual audit(s) would have an audit plan........

If it's a calendar of audits over the coming months, then I'd suggest you don't try to schedule them like that. As Anne (PHD) states, you should consider the 'status and importance' rather than try to 'predict' what needs auditing for months to come. Sure an external auditor might be happy with the whole thing planned out, but it won't be much use to your management. Indeed, once you attempt such a schedule, you'll probably start having to adjust it and someone's going to ask 'when are you going to make up your mind about what to audit.....?"

Try this:

Set a frequency for your audits - say monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly (based on how 'mature' your system is). Then, using data/trends and other info about your business performance, plus what things are planned to change (new products, process changes, re-organizations) set a 'scope' and something to audit against (the audit criteria, not just ISO or the procedures) and ensure it's something management are focused on (get their buy in).

Select an auditor who's familiar with the process and sit them down to plan the audit (write checklists, study documents, data/trends). Select an agreed time to do the audit, to get management on the agenda and do the audit, with them involved in diagnosing what's going on with their process - if it's in control......they'll accept any actions better this way.

Yup, it's a different approach, but try it. You might just like it!

D

delawarebill

Here's a very basic and general one. It has all the clauses from ISO 9001, so it may be a good starting point...

Attachments

• Audit Plan.xls
    29 KB · Views: 2,687

AndyN

Moved On

Here's a very basic and general one. It has all the clauses from ISO 9001, so it may be a good starting point...

The example posted (thanks Bill) will need to be changed to reflect the 'process approach' instead of auditing elements of the standard. The audit criterion here is also just the standard, and there are many other criteria that should be audited (in the ISO/TS world, we have to audit customer specifics, for example) and these should be present.

The left hand column, should be based on your organizations' processes (preferably by their name), otherwise this will become a 'target-rich' opportunity for a third part auditor. Also, the month in which you elect to do the audit, should have some rationale behind it.

I've seen similar examples used; the auditors turned up, as scheduled, and audited a requirement of the standard that had nothing to do with the process during that month - no small wonder that the management didn't support the audit findings.....

C

cbwarden

Re: Internal Audit Plan Form / Template

Here is a report ready version of a risk assessment.

Attachments

• Risk Assessment Workbook TEMPLATE.xls
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,303
Top Bottom