Electronic Component Management Plan template for Aerospace needed

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
A quick "Bump". If anyone can help with this one, my Thanks in advance!

Thank you Marc. I know Boeing provides a template to their suppliers.

I know all about the availability consideration for the military grade components Vs commercial. I am also aware of counterfeit parts... I just come up with a plan to manage all the variables in such an uncertain market. I thought if I see a template, it will help.

Thank you again.:thanks:

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Are you looking for a counterfeit parts prevention program?

The requirement that I need to satisfy states:
The supplier shall submit, for review, a life cycle parts management process for selection of electronic components other than military standard MIL-STD-883 screen parts. The "customer" will review the parts management process and selection criteria used to ensure component reliability with the overall reliability requirements.
When I googled the key word, I came across a presentation by the customer's customer who is concerned with availability of military grade components, lead time, obsolescence, impact of new technology, verifiability, and maintainability (not cost!!). I am assuming counterfeit prevention is a part of this.....I understand the demand for military grade is low...How do I determine that. I have already established MTTF for non military grade components. I need a management plan...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
You might benefit from the IEC TS 62239:

This Technical Specification is intended to help aerospace equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, maintenance facilities, and other aerospace component users develop their own Electronic Component Management Plans (ECMPs), hereinafter also referred to as ‘plan’.
This Technical Specification states objectives to be accomplished; it does not require specific tasks to be performed, specific data to be collected or reports to be issued. Those who prepare plans in compliance with this Technical Specification are encouraged to document processes that are the most effective and efficient for them in accomplishing the objectives of this Technical Specification. In order to allow flexibility in implementing and updating the documented processes, plan authors are encouraged to refer to their own internal process documents instead of including detailed process documentation within their plans.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator

Attachments

• mil-std-1546.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 443
  • mil-std-3018.pdf
    130.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Parts Management Plan.pdf
    82.2 KB · Views: 529
  • PM&P mgt.pdf
    950.7 KB · Views: 407
  • PartsMaterialsProcessMissionAssurancePlan.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 642
T

TrishDish

My company is a BTP (build to print) shop, and deals only with machining of sheet metal, steel, etc but we also do assembly work which includes installing fasteners, rivets, etc.
I read and totally get the control plans for electronic components but is there anything simpler out there that would qualify as a prevention and control plan of counterfeit parts for companies that don't deal with electronic parts?

Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom